What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #21  
CT,
Your making us look bad! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hey, it happens to the best of us! I backed into another car a while back @ the office. Was parked in a different space than I normally park in (we have assigned parking spots @ work). In my usual spot, I just throw her in reverse and back out. This time I threw her in reverse and backed right into one of our supplier's salesman car. Dented the hood up & cost about $1,500 to get fixed! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif From now on I always look behind me before backing up @ work!

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #22  
Rox, For cleaning up rusted tractor parts I use an angle grinder with a wire wheel. On the down side the thing is loud and very dusty, On the up side it is very quick. You can get wire brushes to fit in a drill but it won't be as agressive as the angle grinder. You can get wire wheels for your bench grinder. In all cases safty gear is in order.

Chris

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #23  
<font color="blue"> If your wife wants to learn how to drive, don't stand in her way </font>
I believe that goes for your sister too. When I was teaching my sister to drive she ran both of my vehicles into the fence at the end of my parents driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif After that I had to let my brother take over the teaching. He must have been a better teacher than me as she didn't hit the fence again /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #24  
Hey CT_Tree_Guy - You wouldn't maybe could think of the brand name on the penetrating grease? I might not be familiar and am always eager to try new stuff.
Thanks, Wm

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #25  
Will -

No prob - the stuff I use is made by WellWorth, and it's called "Mighty Lube Heavy Duty Synthetic Penetrating Grease". WellWorth makes a lot of good stuff, including the line of products that was once marketed under the "Castle" name, who in turn bought out a line of products including Garry's "IT", a really nice silicone spray lubricant. I think that's what WellWorth sells now as "Slippery Stuff Professional Strength Silicone Lubricant".

If you can't find WellWorth stuff near you, I think just about anything labelled as "Penetrating Grease" would probably do the trick, although I'm sure my WellWorth distributor would disagree. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care, John

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #26  
Thanks, John
A little googling finds me two varieties under the Castle brand, regular and red.
The front axle king pin on my 3500D TLB came from the factory with no allowance for further lubricating. After 39 years (the Jack Benny of backhoes) it's starting to squeak a little. I plan to try some of each.
Wm

/ What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac
ronjhall,

I took some pitures of that thing that is hard for my husband to adjust. We were cleaning the barn together and I was doing something else and I was amazed that he did take this thing off of the tractor and cleaned it in some gasoline, he said he also wire brushed it but that to me seems dangerous, but he said he did. He put it back on without putting anything on it, so if it is hard to get off next time I guess he will jsut have to live with it. he said that he didn't like the WD40 he put on it last time because it got all gunked up. So I will ahve to have my mother send me some of that stuff that CT Tree guy said was good. In the meantime here is the part that gave him trouble.

Attachments

• 826542-BarnCleanUp 005.jpg
    826542-BarnCleanUp 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 123
ToadHill,
here is another photograph of that troublsome thingie

Attachments

• 826546-BarnCleanUp 006.jpg
    826546-BarnCleanUp 006.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 125
   / What slippery prod to put on screw thingie on trac #29  
You do not have to call it a screw thingie anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its a turnbuckle for adjusting sway. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
If your tractor is diesel. I would suggest your husband use it instead of gasoline for cleaning parts. One spark can set gas or its fumes on fire. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It now has a name!!!!!! It's a Turnbuclke, it's a Turnbuckle. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I now know my second tractor tem, the 3PH bing the first one.

I will tell my hsuband about the idea of using the diesel fuel, the tractors are both diesels, thanks for that tip.

Remember that my husband is a French Chef, and our life is almost exactly like green Acres, what my husband told me about the Turnbuckle and why he didn't put WD40 on it, he said, "Last time I did that it made like a rue, you know when you mix flour and water to make a rue (rue is a cooking term). He is hilarious, he will jsut as soon use a cooking implement to do a job as a hand tool. I came home one day and he was scraping the house with an industiral strength pancake flipper once. He is very very good with kitchen tools. To give him credit he is an absolute master at cauking, I believe it is because of his experience with a pastry bag decorating food. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif H is a really good caulker. He's not so good at nailing though... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif