Rear view mirror

/ Rear view mirror #1  

woodchuckie

Platinum Member
Tractor
KUBOTA L 2800
When I use my tractor (L 2800) Kuboto, I have to have it on a public road for from one hundred yards up to three miles. I would like to have a Rear view mirror so the traffic wouldn't sneak up on me from behind and I could keep a better eye on my dog who follows me when I go. I tried one of those stick on mirrors on the rear vertical part of my fel. It really didn't work very well and has now come off due to all the trees and brush I go through making trails on my property. I'm thinking along the lines of a fold down or even better an easily removeable mirror maybe mounted on the right fender in the existing holes for a handle like on the left side, or I guess I could move the handle and mount mirror on the left side. Anyway if anyone has any ideas on this I would love to hear them. Thanks.

/ Rear view mirror #2  
woodchuckie,
I too have to travel on public roads and my neck gets a bit twisted watching for traffic after a few blocks. I used a muffler clamp and a bit of rod stock to make this bracket. Attached it to the cross brace on the FEL. Vibrates a bit.......but I can see pretty well behind me now.
Good Luck!

Attachments

• 834603-RVMirror1.jpg
    834603-RVMirror1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 376
   / Rear view mirror #3  
I made a simle one, my truck mirror had one bottom stud.
You can go to Home Depot and buy an electrical clamp that looks similiar to a 'C' clamp for about .50c.
Them somehow attach your mirror to it, It then can slip down onto the top of the loader rail and is also removable.It works fine, but any mirror can get the vibe shakes..
Ill try to get a pic.
Allan

/ Rear view mirror #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I use my tractor (L 2800) Kuboto, I have to have it on a public road for from one hundred yards up to three miles. I would like to have a Rear view mirror so the traffic wouldn't sneak up on me from behind and I could keep a better eye on my dog who follows me when I go. I tried one of those stick on mirrors on the rear vertical part of my fel. It really didn't work very well and has now come off due to all the trees and brush I go through making trails on my property. I'm thinking along the lines of a fold down or even better an easily removeable mirror maybe mounted on the right fender in the existing holes for a handle like on the left side, or I guess I could move the handle and mount mirror on the left side. Anyway if anyone has any ideas on this I would love to hear them. Thanks. )</font>

Check out my photos in my signature. look at the L-39 pictures & the home brewed idea pictures. I have to run the local roads a lot and I mounted a wide angle mirror under my cab protector that works just like a big rear view mirror in a truck. I also mounted one of the big M series side view mirrors to my ROPS and it works great, too.

/ Rear view mirror #6  
I purchased a wide angle water ski mirror at a boating store and attached it to the left support on my FEL. It is wide angle, vibration proof, easily attached, and relatively inexpensive ($20.00)
Bill

/ Rear view mirror #7  
Thanks, but the worst website I've (barely) seen! I'm not totally blind yet but if I had to figure out the text against that olive background all day I would be soon!
Jim