Oil & Fuel RPMs at Diesel Start-up

/ RPMs at Diesel Start-up #31  
Jerry:

I just knew you lived in the boonies.....

Bet it's a four pole 1800 rpm unit. My Generac is the same way. Generac specifies 5-30 pure synthetic, they actually recommend Amsoil. My Generac starts at 3/4 throttle, runs 15 seconds and advances to full throttle and 15 seconds later assumes the load. When the transfer switch senses stability in the utility power, it switches out the genset and then the genset goes into a cool down mode at 3/4 no load throttle for 30 seconds. Love those electronics.

Our transfer switch is mounted in the basement stairwell and engagement is somewhat startling.

My employer has a Waukesha natural gas fueled, turbocharged genset. When the load transfers, the engine goes into a pre-lube cycle of 15 seconds whereas a 12 volt pump pressurizes the oil galleries and then it starts and goes to 1800 rpm.

/ RPMs at Diesel Start-up #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tota
George )</font> <font color="blue">nor could I figure out why they were wearing jackets.
</font> <font color="brown">Only in Florida do they wear jackets in the summer time. </font>

/ RPMs at Diesel Start-up #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Only in Florida do they wear jackets in the summer time. )</font>
They who Brown? Not the typical scene in florida, sorry.
John