What's in your toolbox?

/ What's in your toolbox?
Re: What\'s in your toolbox?

I like the duct tape idea.

I can't believe the number of different items that are carried in toolboxes. I will compile a master list of all the items and post it later for all to see in one posting.

Tractor_Chick:

Yes, I would love to see how you have those boxes mounted on your tractor. I have yet to mount mine since I haven't purchased one the "right" size yet. The one I got with my tractor is way too small, even for the tools that came with the tractor.

/ What's in your toolbox? #23  

Rob,
Before you decide on "the" box to get, you might consider more than one box if you have the room on the tractor. Much like the separate mounting of the first aid kit, I found it very handy to separate my tools into different boxes. I keep all the handtools such as pliers, screwdrivers, punches etc. in one box and the larger wrenches and sockets in another. I ended up making a wooden box large enough to carry my large crescent and pipe wrenches and my chains too. This helps keeping them separated. I also have a smaller box for hitch pins, washers, nuts etc. Also a Harley Davidson front fork bag to keep my spare ammo, cigaretts, lighter, stuff like that in.

One thing I noticed is I had no place to "put" things like bolts or hitch pins when I took them off because my tractor is not garaged. I ended up using these separate boxes to put stuff in, keeping them off the dirt, while working on it. The big stuff I mentioned earlier are monted conveniently on the side of the tractor's ROPS, like the crow-bar, farm jack and come-along. I can switch what I want to carry in the clamps, such as shovels or rakes. I also mounted a swivel eye bolt to the ROPS to help guide stubborn implements to line up with the 3pt system. I use the come-along to help pursuade their movement.

Here's a pic... maybe overkill but sure beats walking back to camp for one stupid pin or tool. If you look closely, you can see two red smaller boxes on the far fender (left side) and the little black bag in front of the black wood box. To mount the come-along I just extended, used longer bolts and jam nuts to hold the sunshade.

Attachments

• 853432-Farm Jack and Crow Bar.JPG
    853432-Farm Jack and Crow Bar.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 138

Rob:

I like your idea of dividing up the toolboxes and items. I saw the two red toolboxes you mounted on the left fender on a different posting, and they got me thinking. I especially like the small, clear-topped toolbox. I have one exactly like that in my garage. It's sitting empty right now. But I plan to do something similar to mine that you have done. That way I can organize the smaller items much better than tossing them into one large box.

Thanks for the ideas!
RobT

/ What's in your toolbox? #25  

Rob,
One more thing...those light boxes, if you keep light stuff in them like small parts or tools, are attached with velcro. No need to drill holes. Very easy to take off and bring your "hitch pin box" to the back of the tractor when changing stuff out.