Broken PTO Shaft. Now what?

/ Broken PTO Shaft. Now what? #11  
<font color="red">"The shaft itself is broken, as is the plastic casing that surrounds it." </font>

Just checking all the bases here. On my new rotary mower the shaft and the plastic casing just slip over each other. You can pull them apart and they would appear to be broken. The shaft is not one solid piece. You were probably aware of that and the shaft is probably broken but I just thought I would throw that out there.

/ Broken PTO Shaft. Now what? #12  
Since your handle is 'tinkerer' I hope we are not talking down to you..... But your communication with this is not going so well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are several different styles of pto shaft, and we really, really would need to know what type it is to help you with repairing it.

There are square shafts, where the solid smaller square slides inside the bigger hollow tube.

The newer type are a smaller triangular tube that slides inside a bigger triangular tube.

There are a few other styles I've come across as well, but let's skip them for now, far less common or too lightweight for your machine.

The square are often welded on to the yoke, the tube are often pinned & pushed on, but can be either way.

If pinned, you hammer the pin out with a drift, and then push the end out of the yoke. Push the new one (from the ag supply store) back in, pin it, and good to go.

Still not sure what condition, or what type, or what all the situation is. Hope this helps.

--->Paul