Is there a way to post a large document?

/ Is there a way to post a large document? #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
the Goodyear Farm Tire handbook is very useful, but I only have it as a file, not a link. What can be done to get it available to everyone here?

/ Is there a way to post a large document? #2  
Rich, you must be careful when posting a document such as this. It is likely copyrighted, and without permission, shouldn't be posted to a public forum. If you had a link to a site where it is published, that would be a different thing.

John
EDIT: Here is the link you wanted to post. In the future, when you want to post a link, right click on the document you wish to post, choose copy link location, and then type your reply here. After your text is put in, click on URL in the instant markup below this window. Right click and paste in the link, click ok and then give the link a name, click ok.
John
Goodyear Farm Tire Handbook

/ Is there a way to post a large document? #3  
Links are helpful, copying whole text can be a copyright issue for the web site owners......

If you wish to keep your messages grouped together, then always reply to your own first message, so everything stays together. If you start a new message each time, then each message will float around & become seperated from the others.

Welcome aboard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

/ Is there a way to post a large document? #4  
I agree with the copywrite issues. Got to keep it legal.

But to answer your question,
if you wanted to share a large file, such as video of you and your
tractor going tires side up in a pond, you can use this site.
http://www.rapidshare.de
It's free to use and you can share files up to 50 megs.
Just upload the file and then post a link to it.

Pooh Bear

/ Is there a way to post a large document?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Welcome aboard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul )</font>

Thanks, Paul, but I'm not really a noob, just a techno-dummy in some ways. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Most of that might relate to the slow dial-up I have at home or the not terribly reliable fringe area broadband if I use the wife's computer. It gets a little frustrating at times, but it's part of the price of living out in the boonies. I am literally on the end of the power line, have no cable capability, no dsl capability, marginal and intermittent cell phone reception, deer in the woods, fish in the river, turkeys in the pasture, all the firewood I can burn, and I like it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Is there a way to post a large document? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Welcome aboard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul )</font>

Thanks, Paul, but I'm not really a noob, just a techno-dummy in some ways. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Most of that might relate to the slow dial-up I have at home or the not terribly reliable fringe area broadband if I use the wife's computer. It gets a little frustrating at times, but it's part of the price of living out in the boonies. I am literally on the end of the power line, have no cable capability, no dsl capability, marginal and intermittent cell phone reception, deer in the woods, fish in the river, turkeys in the pasture, all the firewood I can burn, and I like it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

You pretty much described my links to the world - when they moved to underground phone lines a few decades ago, they started in my yard, and circled clockwise back to town. Blown up 2 modems with lightening, being the last on the phone lines, blurps have no place else to go.....

--->Paul