AVerage annual use?

/ AVerage annual use? #1  

bluechip

Veteran Member
What is the average annual usage for non-commercial owners of CUT tractors? I have heard some figures but need realistic numbers.
Thanks

/ AVerage annual use? #2  
100hrs a year.

/ AVerage annual use? #3  
I'm not sure that there is any objective data available for those figures. I've read anywhere from 35-100 hrs/ year, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

I began my third year of operation with about 325 hours, but have slowed considerably over the first and second years as I got things done around the properties. I'm at about 400 now, and the third year will complete in Jan. 07.
John

/ AVerage annual use? #4  
There's going to be a huge curve. Many at first and then tapering as projects get done. My first year will likely get to 300.

/ AVerage annual use? #5  
Took delivery of my B7510HST last June. Have 62 hours on the clock now. Will be racking up lotsa seat time doing about 3/4 acre's worth of landscaping around my new place before June 06. Probably will have 80-90 hours by then.

/ AVerage annual use? #6  
A lot depends on how the salmon season goes, good fishing means more seat time in a boat. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just started my third year with the tractor and I'm at 170hrs. That would be higher if I used it for mowing but that duty is still capitalized by the little mower. The more areas I thin and plant, the longer it's taking me to mow. You know what that leads to...another implement.

/ AVerage annual use? #7  
I'm surprised how few hours I've put on the (mechanical) meter in 2+ years, total about 50 hours. But this understates seat hours because I nearly never run at rated rpm.

Typical use is grubbing out blackberries moving dead-slow because of scary slopes, road grading with lots of stop-and-look between hard pulls, and cautious loader work. For the occasional mowing I run about 3/4 of rated pto speed because I'm still finding debris. (worst example is cinder blocks that Dad stuffed down gopher holes!) It's not unusual if I'm on and off the tractor all day to see only 3 hours on the meter and 2 gallons of fuel used.

I've completed most of the landscaping projects I bought it for so at this point could get by with a smaller tractor sized to run a 4 ft mower, so long as it had a loader.

I have no idea if this use is 'average' for a homeowner CUT. I don't have the lawns that a suburban owner maintains, so I expect my long term use will be fewer hours than average.

Chip, what are you seeing on your customers' tractors?

/ AVerage annual use? #9  
Over the last 5 years, I average about 70 hours per year.