neat radio

/ neat radio #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
As a few of you know, my primary mowing tractor is at the dealer getting some hyd work done. in the mean time I will be using my backup tractor to mow. One thing I'll miss is that my primary tractor had a fendermounted radio... other tractor doesn't..

After searching around, I found a neat little 16$ armband radio from radio shack. Uses 2 AAA batteries, has an elastic velcro arm strap that is very comfortable.. I've been wearing it all day. is AM and FM has an alarm and clock, plus a 'sleep' function to kill the radio automatically after a little while. rotary volume control, and digital tuning in .1mhz increments. Is about the size of a medium size bar of soap.. weight is negligible. Has a long set of earbuds, and actually has good reception. Has stereo.mono selector, band switch, and bass boost. also has a 'hold' button to lock the keypad to prevent settings from getting bumped accidentally. Has 10 memory settings for storing favorite stations. Earbuds are small enough that ear muffs can be worn over them.. making for a great mowing radio setup..

Also.. i noticed that radioshack was clearancing a keychain radio... size of a medium keychain with a latch.. has an led flashlight ( crappy ) and a compas.. and fm radio.. with auto tuning.. jumps to next 'available station, and volume control... also has earbuds... goes for 1.97... heck.. the earbuds are worth that.. I bought 3 pair just for the earbuds.. and the radio actually works halfway decent.. got my 3 favorite channels..e tc.

Later.. got more work to do!!

Soundguy

/ neat radio
Radioshack part number 12-820

I used it all day.. even took it to work to listen to while setting up a 50's band tonight. Good tuner.. gets lots of stations.. and I love the presets. And it is all up near my face so I can read it without the glasses being on.
Arm band radio

In this link it shows 29$.. but mine was 16.99 in the store?? maybee it was a sale? anyway.. decent little radio... I'd have bought it for 29$ knowing know how good it is.

Soundguy

/ neat radio #4  
Mornin Soundguy,
Well Im interested /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ive got the $1.97 pair and their crap /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif If I move a little bit the plug must move and I lose all the sound /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So the $64,000 question, is do use the good set with the small earbuds and put your hearing protection over that ? We have a couple good country stations up this way which would be good enough for me, I just wanna be able to hear some music, smoke my cigar and do some quality mowing, without hitting any rocks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ neat radio
Yep, I slip my earbuds in, then position my big muffs over that. Fits perfectly... Keeps the soud out, and the tunes in.

Soundguy

/ neat radio #6  
I'm addicted to my Walkman radio, but when I jump on the tractor I grab the Worktunes radio/earmuffs that I got at Home Depot. Keeps the noise down, and it's easy to reach up and adjust.

/ neat radio #7  
Well with a handle like Soundguy, I will take this info from you as an endorsement... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scotty, I'm sure the keychain radio is probably fine , But what you overlooked was the optional "required "moonraker antenna to get signal in your location... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ neat radio #8  
Mornin Mark,
Im not sure the tractor is big enough to carry that moonraker antenae /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ neat radio #9  
Did you ever try the windup radio CCradio pushes on the morning Farm Hour here? Supposedly is a radio, light, clock, etc. that you wind up.

/ neat radio #10  
Hi Rich,
No I have not seen that one, sounds interesting long as the spring dont break /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty