Equipment maintenance spreadsheet

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
Anyone here come up with a spreadsheet to keep track of what you do and when you do it on your tractor. I know the tractors have an hour meter, but if you don't document "when" something occured it might just end up as "about 10 hours ago". For oil changes I write the hours and date on the filter.

Since I only use mine when I'm up at the weekend place, I'm putting together a clipboard and notes to keep track of how much time I used the tractor, FM, BH, etc. So far all I have on the sheet is:

Equipment/Date/Hours/Notes-usage

I plan on hanging it in the garage right by the door. Now all I have to do is remember to document it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Let's see yours!!

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #2  
Implements get "service" during winter, and checked before each use. Not much info to record there.

Tractor service gets written on the under side of the hood with a permenent marker. That way the service records go where ever the tractor goes.

My oldest tractor has been with me for 34 years now. The back side of the hood looks like an original manuscript for WAR & PEACE. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #3  
Rob,
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone here come up with a spreadsheet to keep track of what you do and when you do it on your tractor.)</font>

Poster Captainjack sent one to me for his Kama 554. It's pretty comprehensive...I was impressed. Respectfully, it's his and not mine to share so hopefully he'll read your post.

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #5  
I use the hour meter to keep track of service on the tractor itself, and log service dates and performance on the service schedule that was a part of my owners' manual.

I do have quite a few attachments and so I opened an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of them. Each is on a separate "worksheet." On each date that I use an attachment I enter on one "row" in separate columns: the date, hours used, accumulated hours, hours since last service, a description of the use, and description of any service performed. I have the accumulated hours set up to automatically calculate based on the previous accumulated hours plus the current entry.

This makes it pretty easy to tell when each attachment is due for lubrication or other service. It will also document the use and servicing of any attachment should I want to sell it at some point.

Hope this helps.

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #6  
I've a little notebook about the size of the ones I keep track of maintenance and fuel in my vehicles for my tractor. I write down the hours each time I finish off each 5 gallon container of fuel and put down when I did what service. Been doing it for years on my cars and pickup. I do put the fuel information on the vehicles into spreadsheets to see if I detect any trends, like how much Mobil 1 increased the fuel mileage, etc.

Ralph

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #7  
To keep track of oil changes, I use a label maker and put the date and hours right on the dash. (Kind of like the 15min oil change places) That way I see it every time I look down, and can more easily remember when its due.

Jason

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #8  
I did a quick goggle search and came up with THIS .
Free Excel downloads that may be of interest to some.

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #9  
We keep a maintenence log book on anything with an engine or hydraulics, trucks,tractors,aerators,snowplows,pallet jacks, everything! 3 point attachments such as york rakes,aerators,etc. are greased before each use.

/ Equipment maintenance spreadsheet #10  
Good practice there Kingoflawns. I have been greasing at hours as specified in the manual but I think before usage has merit. However I think (as I think about it) that I will grease AFTER each use. That way any dirt/crud will be forced out and replaced with fresh grease. Also any voids will be filled with grease and cannot accumulate moisture while sitting.