Finish mower belts

/ Finish mower belts #11  
You guys must have gone through a lot belts on that saw for someone to think about that one. Good idea, though.

/ Finish mower belts #12  
You guys must have gone through a lot belts on that saw for someone to think about that one. Good idea, though.

/ Finish mower belts
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You guys must have gone through a lot belts on that saw for someone to think about that one. Good idea, though. )</font>
EXACTLY what I was thinking! Very clever! Thanks guys.

/ Finish mower belts
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You guys must have gone through a lot belts on that saw for someone to think about that one. Good idea, though. )</font>
EXACTLY what I was thinking! Very clever! Thanks guys.

/ Finish mower belts #15  
....Maybe this was true many many years ago, but today if you pull two belts off the shelf with the same number, they will be pretty much the same. Compared to the forces exerted on the blade, the load on the spindle bearings from a properly tensioned belt is slight. I see no need to pay a premium for a "matched set....just buy two belts of the same number from the same manufacturer.

/ Finish mower belts #16  
....Maybe this was true many many years ago, but today if you pull two belts off the shelf with the same number, they will be pretty much the same. Compared to the forces exerted on the blade, the load on the spindle bearings from a properly tensioned belt is slight. I see no need to pay a premium for a "matched set....just buy two belts of the same number from the same manufacturer.

/ Finish mower belts #17  
We sawed hard rock maple 8 hours per day.
The pieces were all 22 inchs long and 7/8 inch thick.
Had a power feed on the saw. Fed about 5 inches per second
Just shoved the stock into the feeder and it went thru the saw
and a guy on the other side took it out and stacked it.
Scrap went into the scrap barrel.
Each new piece butted up to the one before it.
It was like sawing one long piece of wood for 8 hours.

Belts were about 14 inchs long.
We went thru about a set per year every year I was there.
What suprised me the most is we didn't go thru more sawblades.
Only went thru about 3 blades per year.

Pooh Bear

/ Finish mower belts #18  
We sawed hard rock maple 8 hours per day.
The pieces were all 22 inchs long and 7/8 inch thick.
Had a power feed on the saw. Fed about 5 inches per second
Just shoved the stock into the feeder and it went thru the saw
and a guy on the other side took it out and stacked it.
Scrap went into the scrap barrel.
Each new piece butted up to the one before it.
It was like sawing one long piece of wood for 8 hours.

Belts were about 14 inchs long.
We went thru about a set per year every year I was there.
What suprised me the most is we didn't go thru more sawblades.
Only went thru about 3 blades per year.

Pooh Bear

/ Finish mower belts #19  
Matched sets only apply if the belts are all running in the same pully's. If the belts go around one common pully and then to different blades, they do not need to be matched. It will not matter if one is stretched longer than the other.

A matched set also has to be purchased as a matched set. Just buying tow belts the same number off the rack will not work. A matched set is matched from the factory.

Ron

/ Finish mower belts #20  
Matched sets only apply if the belts are all running in the same pully's. If the belts go around one common pully and then to different blades, they do not need to be matched. It will not matter if one is stretched longer than the other.

A matched set also has to be purchased as a matched set. Just buying tow belts the same number off the rack will not work. A matched set is matched from the factory.

Ron