good seat time today

/ good seat time today #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I finally got to put my new-to-me JD 1517 batwing mower to a full pasture test. up untill now i had just powered it up and made a few strips just to check function. Well, just for the record, I usually mow with my 10' mower and can do 10ac in 2hr45m.. on one occasion I did it in 2hr30m. My first cut with the 10' mower, was 3hr, as I wasn't used to it yet. Today i used the 15' and did it in 2hr even. I know that will drop to about 1hr45m, as the limerock access road I had to drive down to get to my pasture was having road work goin on, so i drove down it in 2/h and not 4/h.. so i lost some drive time there...

Not a bad cut either... At least as good as the 10' fixed mower, except that since it is a batwing, I never had a corner dig in on a turn on a slope.. that was a very nice feature.

I also noticed that my mow time includes having to get off the tractor and flip the transport straps on the wings and on the lift cyl for roading it.. do that twice and imust have lost 2-3 minutes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I really expected this mower to work my tractor over ..well.. 33% more than my 10'.. however, hp wise.. it felt the same. I did notice the added extra weight back there.. but wasn't a problem.

After that I went and got some grass seed as fl should be seeing rain this weekend.

I put it out with an old cone seeder I picked up for cheap at a junk dealer.. just need paint and to free up the pto shaft, and add a grease nipple to the 'sealed' gearbox. Worked great. I used it on my 52 ford 8N, and overseeded 13 acers this afternoon. ( my left knee is bothering me now tonight. Between working the clutch on those tractor all day and laoding unloading the seed.. .. trailer for the 8n.. etc...

I've got enough bengay on my knee that I almost gaught my shorts on fire /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As an adde bonus.. the cats are leaving me alone right now.. I feel like an amish person who did something bad, and the rest of the community is shunning me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh.. one other thing.. I found out that my NH 7610s burns as much fuel pulling a 15; mower for 2 hours as it does pulling a 10' mower for 2hr45m /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif 4-5 gallons I'd estimate by where the tank is setting at...

Soundguy

/ good seat time today
I finally got to put my new-to-me JD 1517 batwing mower to a full pasture test. up untill now i had just powered it up and made a few strips just to check function. Well, just for the record, I usually mow with my 10' mower and can do 10ac in 2hr45m.. on one occasion I did it in 2hr30m. My first cut with the 10' mower, was 3hr, as I wasn't used to it yet. Today i used the 15' and did it in 2hr even. I know that will drop to about 1hr45m, as the limerock access road I had to drive down to get to my pasture was having road work goin on, so i drove down it in 2/h and not 4/h.. so i lost some drive time there...

Not a bad cut either... At least as good as the 10' fixed mower, except that since it is a batwing, I never had a corner dig in on a turn on a slope.. that was a very nice feature.

I also noticed that my mow time includes having to get off the tractor and flip the transport straps on the wings and on the lift cyl for roading it.. do that twice and imust have lost 2-3 minutes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I really expected this mower to work my tractor over ..well.. 33% more than my 10'.. however, hp wise.. it felt the same. I did notice the added extra weight back there.. but wasn't a problem.

After that I went and got some grass seed as fl should be seeing rain this weekend.

I put it out with an old cone seeder I picked up for cheap at a junk dealer.. just need paint and to free up the pto shaft, and add a grease nipple to the 'sealed' gearbox. Worked great. I used it on my 52 ford 8N, and overseeded 13 acers this afternoon. ( my left knee is bothering me now tonight. Between working the clutch on those tractor all day and laoding unloading the seed.. .. trailer for the 8n.. etc...

I've got enough bengay on my knee that I almost gaught my shorts on fire /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As an adde bonus.. the cats are leaving me alone right now.. I feel like an amish person who did something bad, and the rest of the community is shunning me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh.. one other thing.. I found out that my NH 7610s burns as much fuel pulling a 15; mower for 2 hours as it does pulling a 10' mower for 2hr45m /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif 4-5 gallons I'd estimate by where the tank is setting at...

Soundguy

/ good seat time today #3  
Sounds like you had a good time, isn't that something, a good time working.

What type of seed do you over seed with? I have to start putting something down here.

/ good seat time today #4  
Sounds like you had a good time, isn't that something, a good time working.

What type of seed do you over seed with? I have to start putting something down here.

/ good seat time today #5  
you're just ALWAYS having a good time. Glad to hear it! Let's hope you're right about the rain!

Have to haul mine down to Big Lake George this weekend to hog a little property. I hope we get rain, but not until I get it done!
John

/ good seat time today #6  
you're just ALWAYS having a good time. Glad to hear it! Let's hope you're right about the rain!

Have to haul mine down to Big Lake George this weekend to hog a little property. I hope we get rain, but not until I get it done!
John

/ good seat time today #7  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">(

Soundguy )</font>

Mornin Soundguy,
Best laugh all day, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The real problem is I know the feeling all to well /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway some more pics would be nice !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif N o, I dont mean the knee with Bengay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, almost for got, i got all the parts together for my Soundguy bushog upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thankgoodness for wotk, no charge /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ good seat time today #8  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">(

Soundguy )</font>

Mornin Soundguy,
Best laugh all day, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The real problem is I know the feeling all to well /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway some more pics would be nice !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif N o, I dont mean the knee with Bengay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, almost for got, i got all the parts together for my Soundguy bushog upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thankgoodness for wotk, no charge /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ good seat time today #9  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( I've got enough bengay on my knee that I almost gaught my shorts on fire

)</font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know the feeling. After pushing in a clutch all day my knee kills me.

/ good seat time today #10  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( I've got enough bengay on my knee that I almost gaught my shorts on fire

)</font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know the feeling. After pushing in a clutch all day my knee kills me.