Stolen tractor

/ Stolen tractor #1  

Bubba11

I recently had a Case stolen and a police officer told me about a database police officer started.
Take a look at this for posting & registering your equipment

http://www.juststolen.net/

/ Stolen tractor
I recently had a Case stolen and a police officer told me about a database police officer started.

http://www.juststolen.net/

/ Stolen tractor #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I recently had a Case stolen and a police officer told me about a database police officer started.

http://www.juststolen.net/ )</font>

How did it get stolen?
Bob

/ Stolen tractor #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I recently had a Case stolen and a police officer told me about a database police officer started.

http://www.juststolen.net/ )</font>

How did it get stolen?
Bob

/ Stolen tractor #5  
Now that may be a good website, but I see a couple of problems. First, you have to register and then enter the information on everything you own before it gets stolen. Why would you want to do that if you can just keep all those records yourself? Then if something gets stolen, will your police department know about, or ever use, that website? If you have the information on your items; i.e., make, model, serial number when you report something stolen, police departments nationwide will enter it in the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) and your state may have also have a similar database, as Texas does; the TCIC. And when an officer anywhere in the country runs a check on an item he/she thinks might be stolen, it checks the NCIC.

The only benefit I can see to that website is for you to have "off site" data storage. If you're just keeping the information yourself, it could be lost to a tornado, fire, burglary, etc.

Am I missing something?

/ Stolen tractor #6  
Now that may be a good website, but I see a couple of problems. First, you have to register and then enter the information on everything you own before it gets stolen. Why would you want to do that if you can just keep all those records yourself? Then if something gets stolen, will your police department know about, or ever use, that website? If you have the information on your items; i.e., make, model, serial number when you report something stolen, police departments nationwide will enter it in the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) and your state may have also have a similar database, as Texas does; the TCIC. And when an officer anywhere in the country runs a check on an item he/she thinks might be stolen, it checks the NCIC.

The only benefit I can see to that website is for you to have "off site" data storage. If you're just keeping the information yourself, it could be lost to a tornado, fire, burglary, etc.

Am I missing something?

/ Stolen tractor #7  
Is the site secure from probing criminal types who could mine the data for fun and profit?

/ Stolen tractor #8  
Is the site secure from probing criminal types who could mine the data for fun and profit?

/ Stolen tractor #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now that may be a good website, but I see a couple of problems. First, you have to register and then enter the information on everything you own before it gets stolen. Why would you want to do that if you can just keep all those records yourself? Then if something gets stolen, will your police department know about, or ever use, that website? If you have the information on your items; i.e., make, model, serial number when you report something stolen, police departments nationwide will enter it in the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) and your state may have also have a similar database, as Texas does; the TCIC. And when an officer anywhere in the country runs a check on an item he/she thinks might be stolen, it checks the NCIC.

Am I missing something? )</font>

Those were my thoughts exactly. I just can't see any benefit to listing stuff there.

Harry K

/ Stolen tractor #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now that may be a good website, but I see a couple of problems. First, you have to register and then enter the information on everything you own before it gets stolen. Why would you want to do that if you can just keep all those records yourself? Then if something gets stolen, will your police department know about, or ever use, that website? If you have the information on your items; i.e., make, model, serial number when you report something stolen, police departments nationwide will enter it in the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) and your state may have also have a similar database, as Texas does; the TCIC. And when an officer anywhere in the country runs a check on an item he/she thinks might be stolen, it checks the NCIC.

Am I missing something? )</font>

Those were my thoughts exactly. I just can't see any benefit to listing stuff there.

Harry K