Post Hole digger by Hole King

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #1  

Jim57

Veteran Member
Tractor
Shibaura SD2200 4X4
I just purchased a 3-PH Post Hole Digger by Hole King Model PH-64 -- It works great but I think it is an antique and probably worth a good deal to the right person.

Anyone know how old this is and if the following manufacture is still in business?

E. L. Caldwell & Sons, Inc.
Corpus Christi, Texas

Attachments

• 894219-MVC-865S.JPG
    894219-MVC-865S.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 990
   / Post Hole digger by Hole King
I just purchased a 3-PH Post Hole Digger by Hole King Model PH-64 -- It works great but I think it is an antique and probably worth a good deal to the right person.

Anyone know how old this is and if the following manufacture is still in business?

E. L. Caldwell & Sons, Inc.
Corpus Christi, Texas

Sorry... I forgot to attach picture. I edited it and added picture.

Sorry... I forgot to attach picture. I edited it and added picture.

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #5  
Looks like a post hole digger to me.

Not sure if there really is an antique market for something like that. I would guess it is worth $250 - $300 if it is in usable condition.

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #6  
Looks like a post hole digger to me.

Not sure if there really is an antique market for something like that. I would guess it is worth $250 - $300 if it is in usable condition.

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #7  
I paid $295 for my brand new Lienbachline with a 12 inch aguer when I bought my tractor 3 years ago. The dealer said that was at his cost and he wasn't making a profit on it, but wanted to make the deal on the tractor.

An old one like that in quesionable condition wouldn't be worth very much at all I'd think.

Check ebay and see what people are paying for old, used ones.

Eddie

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #8  
I paid $295 for my brand new Lienbachline with a 12 inch aguer when I bought my tractor 3 years ago. The dealer said that was at his cost and he wasn't making a profit on it, but wanted to make the deal on the tractor.

An old one like that in quesionable condition wouldn't be worth very much at all I'd think.

Check ebay and see what people are paying for old, used ones.

Eddie

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( An old one like that in questionable condition wouldn't be worth very much )</font>

Beauty is often in the eye of the beholder. I've seen a lot of junk in antique stores that I would have charged double to haul to the dump.

/ Post Hole digger by Hole King #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( An old one like that in questionable condition wouldn't be worth very much )</font>

Beauty is often in the eye of the beholder. I've seen a lot of junk in antique stores that I would have charged double to haul to the dump.