Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #21  
I've seen people around here pull wagons taking up hay, both round and square baless, with 4WD pickups and they don't use ag or R4s tires on them, you say flat and gentle slopes, and the tractor is mostly for mowing the lawn, the turfs should do just fine and the MMM won't be a problem unless you try to get too close to the barn. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #22  
I've seen people around here pull wagons taking up hay, both round and square baless, with 4WD pickups and they don't use ag or R4s tires on them, you say flat and gentle slopes, and the tractor is mostly for mowing the lawn, the turfs should do just fine and the MMM won't be a problem unless you try to get too close to the barn. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons.
Thanks again, everyone. I think I solved the problem. The dealer I'm purchasing the tractor from came across one of his customers that had a used set of the exact turf tires and rims I needed for sale very reasonably. The tractor I'm buying came with ag tires, of course, so for a couple hundred more bucks I will have both complete sets of tires and rims. The tractor I'm getting is the J.D. 4320 with the e-Hydra trans, it should be able to pull nearly anything I need over moderate ground that my Case 585 can pull, but the 585 will still do the steeper work as it weighs 50% more and also has 4-wheel drive.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons.
Thanks again, everyone. I think I solved the problem. The dealer I'm purchasing the tractor from came across one of his customers that had a used set of the exact turf tires and rims I needed for sale very reasonably. The tractor I'm buying came with ag tires, of course, so for a couple hundred more bucks I will have both complete sets of tires and rims. The tractor I'm getting is the J.D. 4320 with the e-Hydra trans, it should be able to pull nearly anything I need over moderate ground that my Case 585 can pull, but the 585 will still do the steeper work as it weighs 50% more and also has 4-wheel drive.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks again, everyone. I think I solved the problem. The dealer I'm purchasing the tractor from came across one of his customers that had a used set of the exact turf tires and rims I needed for sale very reasonably. The tractor I'm buying came with ag tires, of course, so for a couple hundred more bucks I will have both complete sets of tires and rims. The tractor I'm getting is the J.D. 4320 with the e-Hydra trans, it should be able to pull nearly anything I need over moderate ground that my Case 585 can pull, but the 585 will still do the steeper work as it weighs 50% more and also has 4-wheel drive. )</font>

Please post your experiences of ag vs turf. Great opportunity to educate us, since you will be running over the same ground with the same machine. Only variable are the tires.
Bob

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks again, everyone. I think I solved the problem. The dealer I'm purchasing the tractor from came across one of his customers that had a used set of the exact turf tires and rims I needed for sale very reasonably. The tractor I'm buying came with ag tires, of course, so for a couple hundred more bucks I will have both complete sets of tires and rims. The tractor I'm getting is the J.D. 4320 with the e-Hydra trans, it should be able to pull nearly anything I need over moderate ground that my Case 585 can pull, but the 585 will still do the steeper work as it weighs 50% more and also has 4-wheel drive. )</font>

Please post your experiences of ag vs turf. Great opportunity to educate us, since you will be running over the same ground with the same machine. Only variable are the tires.
Bob

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #29  
Thanks! The great tire debate will just get better. Ag vs Turf, pros and cons. You can publish!

I wish I could get a set of rims and tires for cheap!!!!!!!!!!
Bob

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #30  
Thanks! The great tire debate will just get better. Ag vs Turf, pros and cons. You can publish!

I wish I could get a set of rims and tires for cheap!!!!!!!!!!
Bob