Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #1  

dezorzifarms

I'm looking at a new tractor to do double duty as a lawn tractor plus pull hay wagons on flat and gentle slopes. I'm only out there on dry days plus have a Case 585 if in a bind. The new tractor is 4wd but will do much more mowing than hay hauling. I'm looking at a Deere 4120 tractor and really like it, but have to put turf tires on it to raise the 72-inch belly mower properly plus the turf tires would be much gentler on my lawns (3+ acres around house and barn). Am I wasting time trying to pull anything with turf tires?

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons.
I'm looking at a new tractor to do double duty as a lawn tractor plus pull hay wagons on flat and gentle slopes. I'm only out there on dry days plus have a Case 585 if in a bind. The new tractor is 4wd but will do much more mowing than hay hauling. I'm looking at a Deere 4120 tractor and really like it, but have to put turf tires on it to raise the 72-inch belly mower properly plus the turf tires would be much gentler on my lawns (3+ acres around house and barn). Am I wasting time trying to pull anything with turf tires?

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #3  
I think R-4's would best satisfy your needs. They have a wide profile like turf tires to distribute the load and minimize turf damage. They also have shallow lugs to provide better traction than turf tires pulling a load on hills, etc. Also, consider a 6ft rmm rather than the mmm. This will make removal a little faster when you have to pull the wagons.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #4  
I think R-4's would best satisfy your needs. They have a wide profile like turf tires to distribute the load and minimize turf damage. They also have shallow lugs to provide better traction than turf tires pulling a load on hills, etc. Also, consider a 6ft rmm rather than the mmm. This will make removal a little faster when you have to pull the wagons.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #5  
If the new tractors purpose is mowing, go with turf.
Bob

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #6  
If the new tractors purpose is mowing, go with turf.
Bob

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #7  
I have a 30 HP with turf tires that I routinely pull a hay wagon with on some pretty good slopes , moderately loaded. No Problem. I have a 72" belly mower as well.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #8  
I have a 30 HP with turf tires that I routinely pull a hay wagon with on some pretty good slopes , moderately loaded. No Problem. I have a 72" belly mower as well.

Thanks for the advise everyone. This helps me alot.

Thanks for the advise everyone. This helps me alot.