hydraulic top link - is it worth it?

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #11  
I posted on the attachment forum about my experience with one last week. They are absolutely AWESOME! I used it on my box blade with absolutely unbelieveable results. I am planning on also using it for a 3pt hitch disk, 3pt hitch bush hog, tiller, and in the future I would like a landscape rake and a rear blade. I really believe it should come factory installed!

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #12  
I posted on the attachment forum about my experience with one last week. They are absolutely AWESOME! I used it on my box blade with absolutely unbelieveable results. I am planning on also using it for a 3pt hitch disk, 3pt hitch bush hog, tiller, and in the future I would like a landscape rake and a rear blade. I really believe it should come factory installed!

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it?
Sounds like everyone is conviced it's necessary... beyond the cost of the link itself, is it that expensive to get the hydro lines and controller installed?

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it?
Sounds like everyone is conviced it's necessary... beyond the cost of the link itself, is it that expensive to get the hydro lines and controller installed?

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #15  
If you have at least one rear spool, then that's all you need. And, I bought hydraulic lines at TSC for $20 or so... and they have fittings as well there.... I think that $30 total gets fitted hydraulic lines.... I agonized for a long time about using a link with the check valve or not.... since I already had an extra hydraulic cylinder around, I decided to hook it up and see if I had any problems... so far, none... and it's really handy ..... be aware that you wil lneed to select your hydraulic link carefully for length, matching the implements you have... I hooked all mine up with the manual link and adjusted the tilt to max and then min and measured each... and computed what I needed for the length of the connecting attachments to the link I had to make the total the appropriate length. There are several threads on TBN regarding this... suggest you do a search and review if you have not already done so.

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #16  
If you have at least one rear spool, then that's all you need. And, I bought hydraulic lines at TSC for $20 or so... and they have fittings as well there.... I think that $30 total gets fitted hydraulic lines.... I agonized for a long time about using a link with the check valve or not.... since I already had an extra hydraulic cylinder around, I decided to hook it up and see if I had any problems... so far, none... and it's really handy ..... be aware that you wil lneed to select your hydraulic link carefully for length, matching the implements you have... I hooked all mine up with the manual link and adjusted the tilt to max and then min and measured each... and computed what I needed for the length of the connecting attachments to the link I had to make the total the appropriate length. There are several threads on TBN regarding this... suggest you do a search and review if you have not already done so.

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like everyone is conviced it's necessary... beyond the cost of the link itself, is it that expensive to get the hydro lines and controller installed? )</font>

That's the problem. I'm sure it depends on the tractor but to have the dealer do it for a Kubota L4400 costs nearly $700. As far as I can tell, only the Kubota parts will fit for this application, thus the outrageous price. Other tractors may be less, but still probably not cheap.

I had mine installed when I bought the tractor. The mower I used the rear lines for is now retired so I've got a pair of remotes looking for a job. Hydraulic top link sounds like the it fits the job description.

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like everyone is conviced it's necessary... beyond the cost of the link itself, is it that expensive to get the hydro lines and controller installed? )</font>

That's the problem. I'm sure it depends on the tractor but to have the dealer do it for a Kubota L4400 costs nearly $700. As far as I can tell, only the Kubota parts will fit for this application, thus the outrageous price. Other tractors may be less, but still probably not cheap.

I had mine installed when I bought the tractor. The mower I used the rear lines for is now retired so I've got a pair of remotes looking for a job. Hydraulic top link sounds like the it fits the job description.

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #19  
Since you just bought your tractor you really ought to wait a year or so before adding the hydraulic top link.
That way you'll really appreciate the difference. I use mine every time the tractor is started.

/ hydraulic top link - is it worth it? #20  
Since you just bought your tractor you really ought to wait a year or so before adding the hydraulic top link.
That way you'll really appreciate the difference. I use mine every time the tractor is started.