Box Blade

/ Box Blade #21  
Don’t think anyone has mentioned a rear scoop which was used for years before many tractors had FEL’s. They are not that expensive and would move gravel 200 yards faster than a box blade. You would still need to smooth it out with something though.

Might also see if any of the gravel haulers in the area have spreader trucks. They do not have to raise there beds to spread the gravel and they broadcast it in an even pattern as they run down a drive.

MarkV

/ Box Blade #22  
Don’t think anyone has mentioned a rear scoop which was used for years before many tractors had FEL’s. They are not that expensive and would move gravel 200 yards faster than a box blade. You would still need to smooth it out with something though.

Might also see if any of the gravel haulers in the area have spreader trucks. They do not have to raise there beds to spread the gravel and they broadcast it in an even pattern as they run down a drive.

MarkV

/ Box Blade #23  
If it were me, which it obviously is not, I would be giving serious thought to limb removal. Trim it out for emergency vehicles then go shopping for a gravel supplier with a small truck.

Around here they typically have a couple different ones from oversize pickups to monsters that look like they escaped from an open pit mine. Find a supplier who will use a smaller truck. Have them put a 6x6 or something similar about 3 feet wide in the center of the bed at the tailgate. Chain the gate to open just a couple inches. Tailspread the gravel down the drive and you will find most of it lands in the tracks on the sides where you want it with very little in the center where the 6x6 kept it from coming out. It may take a couple of truckloads extra, but it will still be cheaper than buying a new toy for the tractor and a lot less work on your part.

/ Box Blade #24  
If it were me, which it obviously is not, I would be giving serious thought to limb removal. Trim it out for emergency vehicles then go shopping for a gravel supplier with a small truck.

Around here they typically have a couple different ones from oversize pickups to monsters that look like they escaped from an open pit mine. Find a supplier who will use a smaller truck. Have them put a 6x6 or something similar about 3 feet wide in the center of the bed at the tailgate. Chain the gate to open just a couple inches. Tailspread the gravel down the drive and you will find most of it lands in the tracks on the sides where you want it with very little in the center where the 6x6 kept it from coming out. It may take a couple of truckloads extra, but it will still be cheaper than buying a new toy for the tractor and a lot less work on your part.

/ Box Blade #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Schwans truck can get in and out without trouble /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

Hey, as long as the Schwans truck can get there you've got no worries! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Box Blade #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Schwans truck can get in and out without trouble /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

Hey, as long as the Schwans truck can get there you've got no worries! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Box Blade #27  
If the Schwan truck can get in, that is all that matters! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bob

/ Box Blade #28  
If the Schwan truck can get in, that is all that matters! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bob

/ Box Blade
Amen on the Schwans truck /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Talked to my dealer again yesterday and he will put the 7308 on for $3800 and no interest. Think I might just go that way. Never used a FEL before but every one says they are very handy. That way I can save my trees.

/ Box Blade
Amen on the Schwans truck /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Talked to my dealer again yesterday and he will put the 7308 on for $3800 and no interest. Think I might just go that way. Never used a FEL before but every one says they are very handy. That way I can save my trees.