Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone?

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
I was reading a post a few minutes ago where a question was raised about removing the ROPS for mowing on FLAT ground. It was implied (or stated) that if it were removed it would be replaced for loader work.

Earlier there was a thread started related to seat safety switches...

I know we all are interested in safety, and staying alive, and so on.

So I wonder...anyone wear a crash helmet while tractoring? Worst case it would make sense to do so, right?

While I won't were a helmet, I must say I DID make a "head protector" for one of my tractors. Kind of a see through canopy of sorts.

Have a stream or river next to ya? Life vest anyone?

This question is at least half serious...

Crash helmets anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Where is it going to end... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone?
I was reading a post a few minutes ago where a question was raised about removing the ROPS for mowing on FLAT ground. It was implied (or stated) that if it were removed it would be replaced for loader work.

Earlier there was a thread started related to seat safety switches...

I know we all are interested in safety, and staying alive, and so on.

So I wonder...anyone wear a crash helmet while tractoring? Worst case it would make sense to do so, right?

While I won't were a helmet, I must say I DID make a "head protector" for one of my tractors. Kind of a see through canopy of sorts.

Have a stream or river next to ya? Life vest anyone?

This question is at least half serious...

Crash helmets anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Where is it going to end... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #3  
I wear a helmet when in a Blackhawk Helicopter. The reason is that the force of the crash is so strong that the head needs special protection. I have yet to have a tractor rollover. I assume that the force involved (deceleration of skull) is low. And, unlike a motorcycle, speed of tractor is low. Finally, helmets can severely restrict vision. Like everything in life, it is a tradeoff. I do not plan on wearing a helmet while on a tractor, but when in a helicopter or on a motorcycle, I will wear a helmet.
Bob

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #4  
I wear a helmet when in a Blackhawk Helicopter. The reason is that the force of the crash is so strong that the head needs special protection. I have yet to have a tractor rollover. I assume that the force involved (deceleration of skull) is low. And, unlike a motorcycle, speed of tractor is low. Finally, helmets can severely restrict vision. Like everything in life, it is a tradeoff. I do not plan on wearing a helmet while on a tractor, but when in a helicopter or on a motorcycle, I will wear a helmet.
Bob

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #5  
The answer is really quite simple /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif...EJECTION SEATS /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #6  
The answer is really quite simple /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif...EJECTION SEATS /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #7  
Here in Texas in the summer a headgear would probably cause heat stroke.

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #8  
Here in Texas in the summer a headgear would probably cause heat stroke.

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #9  
While I don’t plan on wearing a helmet on my tractor and I agree that you might die of heat stroke in Texas. You do not have to be going fast to suffer a fatal head injury. Approximately 85% of bicycle-related deaths are caused by head injury; accounting for 600 bicycle-related head injury deaths each year. This translates to one head injury death every 15 hours. http://www.health.state.ok.us/Program/injury/ComGuide/Bicycle.htm

Ron

/ Hard hat/crash helmet for tractoring? Anyone? #10  
While I don’t plan on wearing a helmet on my tractor and I agree that you might die of heat stroke in Texas. You do not have to be going fast to suffer a fatal head injury. Approximately 85% of bicycle-related deaths are caused by head injury; accounting for 600 bicycle-related head injury deaths each year. This translates to one head injury death every 15 hours. http://www.health.state.ok.us/Program/injury/ComGuide/Bicycle.htm

Ron