Question about mower deck leveling...

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #1  

m60mgman

My Simplicity Citation manual says to level the deck on a level surface, which in my case is the garage concrete floor, with pieces of 2 by 4 at the front and rear, on the left and right.

They say to add a 1/4" spacer to the rear blocks, and adjust the height with this setup. So the deck ends up 1/4" higher in the rear. Is this because the rear will be 1/4" lower when it is on the grass? Or do mowers do better when they are leveled this way?
Thanks in advance.

/ Question about mower deck leveling...
My Simplicity Citation manual says to level the deck on a level surface, which in my case is the garage concrete floor, with pieces of 2 by 4 at the front and rear, on the left and right.

They say to add a 1/4" spacer to the rear blocks, and adjust the height with this setup. So the deck ends up 1/4" higher in the rear. Is this because the rear will be 1/4" lower when it is on the grass? Or do mowers do better when they are leveled this way?
Thanks in advance.

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #3  
I think you want the front edge lower so the blades cut the grass off once at the leading edge of the deck rather than cutting the same grass a bunch of times as you roll over it, which is what would happen if the front of the deck was higher than the rear.

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #4  
I think you want the front edge lower so the blades cut the grass off once at the leading edge of the deck rather than cutting the same grass a bunch of times as you roll over it, which is what would happen if the front of the deck was higher than the rear.

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #5  
Yes, you want the front slightly lower, but not too much or it will streak your lawn because the area in the center of each blade will cut lower that the area at the sides of each blade. General rule, if it's not streaking, don't adjust.

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #6  
Yes, you want the front slightly lower, but not too much or it will streak your lawn because the area in the center of each blade will cut lower that the area at the sides of each blade. General rule, if it's not streaking, don't adjust.

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes, you want the front slightly lower, but not too much or it will streak your lawn because the area in the center of each blade will cut lower that the area at the sides of each blade. General rule, if it's not streaking, don't adjust. )</font>

What is "streaking"? I am not sure what it looks like,Bob

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes, you want the front slightly lower, but not too much or it will streak your lawn because the area in the center of each blade will cut lower that the area at the sides of each blade. General rule, if it's not streaking, don't adjust. )</font>

What is "streaking"? I am not sure what it looks like,Bob

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #9  
It has to do with the design of your deck and the lift system used. Leveling each deck is a little different.

/ Question about mower deck leveling... #10  
It has to do with the design of your deck and the lift system used. Leveling each deck is a little different.