backhoe hydraulics

/ backhoe hydraulics #1  

robertk

Tractor
tym 450
Hello all.
When I purchased my tractor three years ago the dealer Installed the factory backhoe and hooked the hydraulics into the rear remotes. the backhoe hydraulics get very hot when I'm using the backhoe. The joysticks even get uncomfortably hot. the rest of the system seems to operate at normal temperature when the backhoe is not in use.
I'm wondering if the backhoe is not plumbed correctly, is there a better way to plumb the backhoe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ backhoe hydraulics
Hello all.
When I purchased my tractor three years ago the dealer Installed the factory backhoe and hooked the hydraulics into the rear remotes. the backhoe hydraulics get very hot when I'm using the backhoe. The joysticks even get uncomfortably hot. the rest of the system seems to operate at normal temperature when the backhoe is not in use.
I'm wondering if the backhoe is not plumbed correctly, is there a better way to plumb the backhoe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ backhoe hydraulics #3  
Robert most BHs are plumbed into the power beyond circuit.

Hydraulic oil does get pretty hot when using the BH. I had to replace a hydraulic hose on my BH today that ruptured and the cylinders were uncomfortable to handle they were so warm from the oil. I have never had any heat transmitted through the joysticks while using the BH though, can't give you advice there.

/ backhoe hydraulics #4  
Robert most BHs are plumbed into the power beyond circuit.

Hydraulic oil does get pretty hot when using the BH. I had to replace a hydraulic hose on my BH today that ruptured and the cylinders were uncomfortable to handle they were so warm from the oil. I have never had any heat transmitted through the joysticks while using the BH though, can't give you advice there.

/ backhoe hydraulics #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I purchased my tractor three years ago the dealer Installed the factory backhoe and hooked the hydraulics into the rear remotes. the backhoe hydraulics get very hot when I'm using the backhoe. )</font>

Are you saying that you have to hold open one of the remote levers to run the backhoe? Or did he just tap into the PB circuit with 2 QD's on the rear? Do you have to connect a loop hose when the backhoe is not connected to the tractor?

There will always be some heat generated. If you have any line restriction (too small a hose, semi-blocked passage, etc) heat will be generated. If the valve is sized incorrectly you will get heat just like a restriction.

You appear to be getting excessive heat. Do other lines in the PB circuit get hot? Or just the backhoe valve?

Too many questions, not enough information to give a good reason for the problem.

/ backhoe hydraulics #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I purchased my tractor three years ago the dealer Installed the factory backhoe and hooked the hydraulics into the rear remotes. the backhoe hydraulics get very hot when I'm using the backhoe. )</font>

Are you saying that you have to hold open one of the remote levers to run the backhoe? Or did he just tap into the PB circuit with 2 QD's on the rear? Do you have to connect a loop hose when the backhoe is not connected to the tractor?

There will always be some heat generated. If you have any line restriction (too small a hose, semi-blocked passage, etc) heat will be generated. If the valve is sized incorrectly you will get heat just like a restriction.

You appear to be getting excessive heat. Do other lines in the PB circuit get hot? Or just the backhoe valve?

Too many questions, not enough information to give a good reason for the problem.

/ backhoe hydraulics
Mad Referee, yes the backhoe is hooked into the rear remotes. The dealer made a device out of a piece of metal and a bolt to hold the rear remote lever open when the backhoe is installed. There is no return hose to hook up when I remove the backhoe. When the backhoe is not installed the hydraulic system does not get hot

/ backhoe hydraulics
Mad Referee, yes the backhoe is hooked into the rear remotes. The dealer made a device out of a piece of metal and a bolt to hold the rear remote lever open when the backhoe is installed. There is no return hose to hook up when I remove the backhoe. When the backhoe is not installed the hydraulic system does not get hot

/ backhoe hydraulics #9  
Additional heat is being generated as the fluid is going thru the rear remote valve and it work ports. This heat, along with the normal heat caused by the backhoe valve is causing your heat issues.

I am not familiar with TYM tractors and how they are plumbed but I might suggest that you forget about using the rear remote valve when the backhoe is connected. I assume you normally use the rear remotes for 3pt implements when the backhoe is not connected. That being the case, plumb the power beyond of the remote valve directly to the backhoe and the backhoe outlet back to where the remote valve PB went. Now when you disconnect the backhoe you just use a jumper hose betreen the remote valve PB port and wherever it originally went. This will complete the circuit.

You now have eliminated the need to use the remote for the backhoe and everything else will work the same. Your flow to the backhoe might even increase and the heat should subside somewhat.

/ backhoe hydraulics #10  
Additional heat is being generated as the fluid is going thru the rear remote valve and it work ports. This heat, along with the normal heat caused by the backhoe valve is causing your heat issues.

I am not familiar with TYM tractors and how they are plumbed but I might suggest that you forget about using the rear remote valve when the backhoe is connected. I assume you normally use the rear remotes for 3pt implements when the backhoe is not connected. That being the case, plumb the power beyond of the remote valve directly to the backhoe and the backhoe outlet back to where the remote valve PB went. Now when you disconnect the backhoe you just use a jumper hose betreen the remote valve PB port and wherever it originally went. This will complete the circuit.

You now have eliminated the need to use the remote for the backhoe and everything else will work the same. Your flow to the backhoe might even increase and the heat should subside somewhat.