tractor manuals for free

/ tractor manuals for free #91  
All too often borrowers have found a way to get manuals for free, like the title line says. They just don't return them.:(

Have a similar problem. Lent the manual for Belarus 25T, now it's gone. Happy to pay, but don't know where to find a Belarus agent in Australia with the information.

/ tractor manuals for free #92  
Here[/URL] is a good one for a 8n.[/QUOTE]

Have you got one for a Ford 600?

/ tractor manuals for free #93  
I just traded for a 600 Ford. The lift won't lift. Checked the pump & it's doing it's job. Pulled the rock shaft & removed the cylinder. Was able to get the control valve out and it seemed to be fine. The other vavle beside it, I think they call it a "unloading valve", I can't figure out how to get it out. Was looking to pick up a service manual, but like everyone, I hate to throw a $100+ at it if I can do a simple download. If anyone knows how to remove these valves, my ears are open.

/ tractor manuals for free #94  
i have not seen a downloadable I&T fo-20 manual. they cost about 30$

/ tractor manuals for free #95  
It is a shame some one was asking for help and you met him with such shame .It did nothing for the forum,and you knew or should have know that he was no thief.S o mr. Perfect An apology is in order. Thanks for the vent. Bobby1thumb

/ tractor manuals for free #96  
Having something for free is not a crime, if so all man would be locked up...!

/ tractor manuals for free #97  
I understand the general debate here. I am kind of stunned at how many people joined just to post and ask for a free manual and then never posted again.

A short while ago I went online searching for a manual, and found a member here that helped me source one. But when I found this forum, I started poking around and liked it, so I joined and I try to contribute. Simply wanting something for free doesn't mean it should be. If you find one for free, great! If you have to pay a bit, that would be okay (to me). I'm not trying to get a manual and sell the ideas to take profit from the mfr.

I think a mfr should offer all the manuals, and only charge for printed versions or the downloaded repair manuals. I think providing the owner/operator manuals for free electronically is smart just from the safety factor. Providing an electronic copy should reduce their overhead to nearly nothing too. This is all for current and recent models. If we're talking about tractors 20+ years old, then you get into the whole format issue, which would add cost to get it converted and readable. Once done, charge a nominal fee for doing so.

$30-50 is reasonable to me. $100 seems my personal limit, but would probably do it to have a version I could print as needed. Automobile manufacturers used to print and ship a repair manual (sometimes in 5 books) to the dealer for each model of car. Now the techs all access it online and the dealers recycled the manuals. Going PDF/electronic is also very green!

YMMV

/ tractor manuals for free #98  
. I think providing the owner/operator manuals for free electronically is smart just from the safety factor. Providing an electronic copy should reduce their overhead to nearly nothing too.

YMMV

free for owners, or at least a very nominal fee.

Shop manual? i fully agree they are a pay-for item.

/ tractor manuals for free #99  
One reason i bought the used tractor that I did was that the service manual was available on the internet. I wanted to look the manual over a bit before I looked at the tractor. I could not justify buying a service manual (or even operator's manual) for every tractor I wanted to look at.

At one point I was toying with the idea of buying a backhoe loader (Ford 555, Case 580, etc.) Got smart and did not buy one, but the manuals for those are hundreds of dollars.

/ tractor manuals for free #100  
By the way, about (8) years ago a publisher approached me about writing a repair manual for a certain type of small engine from the 1950's & 1960's, and the resulting repair manual can be bought from Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Overstock.com, etc., plus a few book stores have it on the shelf. And I get a bit of a royalty for each copy purchased. I think it was just released as an e-book; don't remember if the royalty agreement addresses that, now that i think about it.

But, if you know where to look, a good portion of the info in the book is available for free on the internet, as it was my postings on the internet that led to the publisher's offer. A lot of the book (not all) is simply cleaned-up versions of what is on the internet.

So, I don't feel too bad about getting a tractor manual off the internet.