Tires Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled?

/ Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled? #11  
Depending on what you have available, you could also follow the above ideas ahout getting the thing off the tractor, and support it with a stout rope tied overhead, or maybe use a cable and come-along instead of a rope.

If you don't have an overhead beam handy, you could build a wooden frame similar in design to a kid's swing set (but just a bit stronger!) that fits around the tractor to hang the come-along from. The main point is to just barely take the weight off the tire with the jack so when you remove the lugs it doesn't have any downward movement in it. Once you have it free of the tractor, reverse the hub or whatever you need to do and put it back on. With luck you won't have to move the tire much at all.

You might want to crack the bolts on the hub while the tire is still on the tractor. It might make it easier to reach them by rotating the wheel just after you get it jacked up.

/ Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled? #12  
So far eveyone has told you to remove one wheel at a time, but to acheive the widest position you may have to swap the right to the left and left to right depending on your wheels. If you do pay close attention to tread direction. You would not want to go thru all that work and then end up with your tread in the wrong direction. I would say with your tires loaded you are going to need the help of some other people or another tractor. Be careful they are extremely heavy.

/ Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled?
Thanks guys, this is the kind of info I was looking for. I'll either a) have a tire service do it or b) have the dealer do it the next time (hopefully not for a while!) that it's in their possession...just bummed that I didn't know sooner. If you saw my property, you'd know why...it looks kinda like this:

/

:D

/ Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled? #14  
Ratter,

Doing this yourself is really not that hard and took about an hour the first time, now it only takes about 15 min a side. I have done it numerous times by myself with only an impact wrench to keep me company. Doing it on concrete is easy, but flat dirt is pretty easy too. Don't be intimidated by the suggestions to use extra tractors, hoists, cherry pickers or blimps. You only need them if you mess up and let the tire fall. Otherwise, they will get in the way, except for the blimp.

Follow the steps Wolc123 posted above and you will be fine. If you do get into a position where the tire is falling, DON'T put your body in the way. Let it fall and figure out your next steps afterwards.

jb

/ Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled? #15  
Just did a side to side and centre flip on the pair of loaded 17.5 x24's on my kubota. I had a friend come over and we had a pair of hydraulic jacks to play with the height and blocking incase the jacks failed.

Also we were out on an uneven riverstone surface.

Took 1 hour with air tools. Hardest part is getting the perfect height to go on and off without damaging the threads.

Set mine out to the widest spot and makes a noticable improvement in stability.