Oil & Fuel fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank
***Sigh*** well I guess I'll go fuel fishing, fortunately I have a metal tank.

Thanks for the suggestions, think I'll try the skewer once the fuel is down to where I have a chance to see it, then go by a hook if that doesn't work. Thanks also for the heads up on the float.

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #12  
All I can say is I feel for you:mad: and that it should definitely come out of there.

Those new "anti-spill" fuel cans are a royal PITA. Thanks goes to the enviromental wacko's that have way to much influence on or government:mad:

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #13  
I almost bought one of those fancy fuel cans at Northern. I think I'll use a funnel.

The plastic is most likley less about the same density as the fuelbut don't try and float it out with water. To risky. You may get lucky and snag it. If not just resolve to drain and pull the tank.

Mike

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank
Actually I spill a lot more fuel with that type of nozzle than I do with my gas cans that have regular nozzles. Due to inertia, I hadn't got around to replacing them. Will now. Wouldn't recommend cans with that type of nozzle to anyone.

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #15  
"Will it be ok just to leave that plastic cap in the tank and hope it disintergates over time,"

That's what I would do, I estimate about 100 years:rolleyes: .

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #17  
That's what happened to me a couple of months ago. I would like to get it out of there but with the odd shape of the BX2200 tank it is almost impossible.

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #18  
normde2001 said:
"Will it be ok just to leave that plastic cap in the tank and hope it disintergates over time,"

That's what I would do, I estimate about 100 years:rolleyes: .

Personally I think a flashlight and one of the 3 fingered grabbers would get it. Or a piece of bent coat hanger.

If it were mine, I would just leave it in there. The thing is made to sit in diesel fuel. I tend io doubt it will ever disintegrate. More likely to do that if left in the sun.

One day you will be filling tank and have a clear shot at grabbing it.

Andy

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #19  
nobaddays said:
i wouldn't worry about it.

Same here. It isn't going to dissolve. I suppose it could interfer with the float in certain positions but...

I would probably try to retrieve it but wouldn't worry about it if a reasonable attempt failed.

Harry K

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #20  
Harbor Freight and probably TSC sells the flexible spring loaded grabber tool for a couple bucks (mine has 4 fingers) that should be able to pick out the plastic cap you lost. I had the same thing happen on my fill tank and that's how I got mine out.

Attachments

• 4 prong grabber tool.JPG
    4 prong grabber tool.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 101