Oil & Fuel fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #21  
I lost the little yellow top off a fuel can into a diesel tank 2 years ago and I still see it swim by every now and then while filling up. It hasn't hurt anything yet:D :D

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #22  
I would take the one you have left and see if it floats in diesel. If it does, fill the tank up all the way and it should float gently up to the top where you can nab it.

Otherwise, it will outlast the fuel tank and shouldn't cause and problems.
jb

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #23  
I HATE those fuel nozzles! Picked up two 5-gal diesel tanks a couple weeks ago, filled them, then spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get the fuel OUT. :eek:

So... these things DO come apart, eh?
1343795-scratchchin.gif
I can see some fuel can modifications in my future.
whistling.gif

/ fuel can nozzle part dropped in fuel tank #24  
I cant belive you guys actually mess around with nosels on 5 gallon cans.

I do a lot of 4wheeling and we have all but migrated to a product called super siphon.

SuperSiphon252.jpg

No you dont have to suck on the end of a hose. Its got a ball bearing in the bottom. You shake the hose on the down on the upstroke the ball closes and prevents the fuel from comming out, so the fuel "ratchets" up the hose if you will.

put the gas can on the hood, drop the hose in, shake it, watch the pink goo flow to the tank while you go back and get a second cup of coffie!!

for a whole $9 or something you to can have one.

linky liny http://www.pangaea-expeditions.com/products/brand/siphonprodindex.html