Rihno FEL valve

/ Rihno FEL valve #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
do most/all FEL valves have play in them?

1)like just rattle the joystick around with out actually doing anything?

2) do most FEL valves allow dual movements. ie down and left at the same time to lower and curel the bucket at the same time?

Mines a 2408 and suffers from 1) and seems to lack 2)

/ Rihno FEL valve #2  
The answer to both is no. You should be able to tighten up the linkage connections on the handle kit. Prince valves instruct you to Loctite them. About the valve function...there are 2 types... series and parallel. Series will operate both functions at one time. Parellel does not. Series are more expensive so fewer loader manufacturers use them.

/ Rihno FEL valve #3  
The looseness in the joystick may vary with the linkage to the hydraulica control valve. My kubota joystick is mounted on the loader and directly to the control valve and has some play. I beleive some JD use cables from the joystick to the control valve and seem to be tighter.
The ability to do two hydraulic functions at a time (ie curl and lift) depends on the type of valve/spool used.

/ Rihno FEL valve
thanks guys... i have to check out the linkage this weekend

/ Rihno FEL valve #6  
I just stumbled onto this thread and thought I would add something.
If anyone needs to do this, be very careful.
These little bolts are hardened to the point of being brittle.
If you go too tight they will snap off very easily, and finding one local can be tough.
Remove the nut all the way, clean with brake cleaner.
Don't use carb cleaner, alot of carb cleaners have oil in them, coat the threads with loc-tite and then tighten them up.

Oh and don't get the brake cleaner on the tractor...

BTI