I knew it!

/ I knew it! #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
Somehow I knew from the title that Doc Bob's thread would be closed. I was surprized you guys kept it acceptable as long as you did. :)

/ I knew it! #2  
It was funny:D

/ I knew it! #5  
daTeacha said:
Somehow I knew from the title that Doc Bob's thread would be closed. I was surprized you guys kept it acceptable as long as you did. :)

My apologies for any offense I may have caused. I have reposted using the words "loose devices". I still need help on how to correctly adjust the "loose devices".
Bob

/ I knew it! #6  
Doc_Bob said:
My apologies for any offense I may have caused. I have reposted using the words "loose devices". I still need help on how to correctly adjust the "loose devices".
Bob

Doc Bob,

Geeze. We accept your apolgies for such a grave offense. But, now how do we answer your question without using offensive terminology?

Oh well, here goes --

I see two simple fixes.

One is to use NYLON INSERT LOCKNUTs. Any reasonable hardware store will have them. The nut is metal, the threads are nylon. They take a little effort to get on a rod as long as your throttle linkage, but they won't move once you get them installed. You could replace both nuts, or you could just tighten one of these locknuts against the nut on the open end of the rod.

Another solution would be to use Loctite thread locking adhesive. Again, most any reasonable hardware store, or automotive parts store, will have
Loctite Red 271. There are several Loctite thread locking forumulas, but this is the most popular and the easiest to find. Before you tighten the nuts into position, apply a few drops of Loctite onto the rod threads. Then tighten the nuts into place. They should stay.

Good luck,

Knute

/ I knew it! #7  
I'm surprised there were not pal nuts installed.

Soundguy

/ I knew it! #8  
Soundguy said:
I'm surprised there were not pal nuts installed.

Soundguy

What are PAL nuts? What does PAL stand for?
Bob

/ I knew it! #9  
knute_m said:
Doc Bob,
Loctite Red 271. There are several Loctite thread locking forumulas, but this is the most popular and the easiest to find. Before you tighten the nuts into position, apply a few drops of Loctite onto the rod threads. Then tighten the nuts into place. They should stay.

Knute
I will get some Red 271.
Thanks.
Bob

/ I knew it! #10  
Doc_Bob said:
What are PAL nuts? What does PAL stand for?
Bob

A retaining nut. I guess a jamb nut might be more applicable in this setup.

Soundguy