Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #1  

rpeter

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Last week I was taking the loader off my B7800. I got flustered (the boss was talking to me) and managed to drop the crossbar of the loader across the hood of the tractor making a big crease in the hood. It was one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

:D:DWhat dumb things have you done with / to your tractor?:D:D

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #3  
Trying to drive into the garage with the rops up... twice.

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #4  
Hit the wifes car with the brush hog. Don't even want to talk about how long she cut me off for that one. LOL :eek:

I still to this day say it was the tractors fault. ;)

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #6  
shvl73 said:
Trying to drive into the garage with the rops up... twice.

Did that once. I still can't believe I did it, but it gave me a wake up call about how mistakes happen.... It's a hot day, you bush hog all day, get a little sloppy, quit thinking and pow...

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #7  
Please belive me, not trying to top any one, the garage door thing, 3 times. 1st time little damage, chiped some paint, 2nd time nock the trim board off. 3rd time was the charm. took the whole door off.
Luck was not hurt even more luck the tractor was good too.

Roger

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #8  
roermo said:
Please belive me, not trying to top any one, the garage door thing, 3 times. 1st time little damage, chiped some paint, 2nd time nock the trim board off. 3rd time was the charm. took the whole door off.

Roger
How many more times do you think it will take before you have it perfected?

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #9  
roermo said:

Roger

3rd times the charm huh.... :eek:

/ Dumbest Thing you have done with your tractor #10  
This was with my SCUT JD 455. I had been mowing for a couple hours. Got done clear at the far corner of the property. Set the cruise control and headed for the shop. It was about a five minute ride.

I had my foot resting on the HST pedal. I cruised right in the open shop door and when I was about halfway to the back of the shop I lifted my foot. Nothing happened!!! Still going full speed!!!! What the H***??? I'm trying to figure out why it isn't stopping???? All the while I'm hauling A** across the shop headed for my fiberglass Jeep Top siting on end at the back of the shop!!!!

Finally I remember I have the cruise set (I never use the cruise). I tap the pedal and the tractor slides to a stop just as the front grill guard strikes the Jeep top. All it did was chip the top and flake off some paint. I'm sitting there thanking God that I didn't destroy this $1500 top!!!!

Then I'm wondering who saw this event???? I look around behind me and there sits my wife in the old barber chair looking at me like I'm crazy and shaking her head. "Going a little fast ain't ya?" she said.

So for the next couple minutes I give her another lecture about not using the cruise control or this is what happens. She says "let me get this straight, you screw up while using the cruise control that I know better than use, and I get the lecture??" I said yep, that's right!!!!

Then we both stand in the middle of the shop laughing so hard we are both crying!!! I'll never live this one down!!!! Everytime she has some sort of incident on the 455 now she always says, "good thing I didn't have the cruise control set". I love my wife!!! :)