Peoples shops and tractor parking

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #21  
czechsonofagun said:
86 CJ7

Now, what doesn't look right on my baby?:)

I have an 82 CJ7. I thought the wheelbase looked a little short for a 7 but by the doors it definately wasn't a 5. Thought maybe it was an edition made somewhere other than the USA. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I would never say that about any Jeep!!! :)

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #22  
When we bought this place "my shop" was a 28 x 40 pole barn, which I thought was adequate, but downsized from the 30x80 I had at the other place. This one had 2 garage doors as opposed to the one at the other place, so I thought it would work out pretty good.

Then I said something to the wife about bringing some of her sheep to this place since she was feeling bad about not having her sheep, the kids growing up, etc. We were both selling our homes to buy one that neither of us would feel out of place in, and both giving up some things we liked in the process of making a fresh start as a couple and I thought the sheep would ease the transition for her.

My shop is now a 12 x 28 section of the pole barn, the rest being primarily hay storage. The Case parks inside and the Cadets are outside in the woodshed during the summer. In winter, I rearrange what is parked where, bring the Cadets inside, put the small spreader and as much other stuff as possible in the aisle in the woodshed, and put a lot of hay in the barn. The "big" trailer will have one large square bale of alfalfa at a time stored on it while the grass hay will be on pallets and take up about half the 28 x 28 space.

My shop isn't big, but it's got a furnace, is insulated, very well lighted, and has running water but no toilet. By moving things around, it serves as a tractor garage, wood shop, welding shop, storage area, and whatever else is needed.

The wife is happy with the sheep and donkeys, the equipment is all under roof, and I can work in comfort up there unless it's a blazing hot summer day since there's no A/C. Life is tough!

TMBER -- your Cadet is way prettier than either of mine. My old 109/129 has been through things that would make yours have a heart attack. It has mowed, plowed snow (oftentimes in subzero weather), cleared fence lines, cut and maintained trails through the woods, dragged brush piles, hauled heavy trailer loads of rock, moved gravel, hauled trailer loads of firewood, and generally worked hard for about 35 years now. It has some battle scars and has had an engine transplant making it into a 129, but it's a reliable workhorse. The 1215 is just a lawnmower by comparison -- it doesn't even have a driveshaft -- but it has spent a lot of time and miles teaching lambs how to walk on a lead so the kids could show them at the fair, cutting and bagging grass for feed, and so on. Yours is just a young kid in comparison. Expect many happy years with it.

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #23  
I see ovrszd; probably it was the end of the jeep sticking out of the buidling that made it look out of proportion:)

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #24  
the parking spot... (in the new to me 32x60 pole barn)

tractor2.jpg

and the old 2 car garage/shop at the house....

shop2.jpg

shop1.jpg

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #25  
My tractor hangs out in this 40x48 pole barn. It has a new JD and an old 4000 ford for company.

Attachments

• 003_03.JPG
    003_03.JPG
    531.4 KB · Views: 375
   / Peoples shops and tractor parking #26  
This block 30x40 storage bld was already present when we built our home here. It instantly became "the shop" It was pretty bad shape. Many folks suggested that I tear it down along with what was left of the original termite & rot infested log shack but I had other plans. It's been a work in progress since.
I ran two phase electric, cable tv, Cat 5 for my home LAN, 25pr for telephone & intercom and a 3/4 copper water line to it and I heat with a Wood Chief wood stove. It's MY den and dog house combined :D
This bld has contributed in a very big way to going on 24 yrs of wedded bliss :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_0376 small.jpg
    IMG_0376 small.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0377 small.jpg
    IMG_0377 small.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 271
  • ET on BX23.jpg_0005.jpg
    ET on BX23.jpg_0005.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 264
   / Peoples shops and tractor parking #27  
Volfandt said:
This block 30x40 storage bld was already present when we built our home here. It instantly became "the shop" It was pretty bad shape. Many folks suggested that I tear it down along with what was left of the original termite & rot infested log shack but I had other plans. It's been a work in progress since.
I ran two phase electric, cable tv, Cat 5 for my home LAN, 25pr for telephone & intercom and a 3/4 copper water line to it and I heat with a Wood Chief wood stove. It's MY den and dog house combined :D
This bld has contributed in a very big way to going on 24 yrs of wedded bliss :D :D

I love your old Wheelhorse, that thing ROCKS!!!! :)

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #28  
Jeeps and tractors, doesn't get any better than that.

Attachments

• DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 274
   / Peoples shops and tractor parking #29  
RedRocker said:
Jeeps and tractors, doesn't get any better than that.

Let me guess, an '87 '88 or '89 YJ????? :)

/ Peoples shops and tractor parking #30  
Yes, Volfandt, home away from home on the same piece of land is great. My shop is a former lean to to the barn, we run elecitricity, cat5 and phone there the first year we settled here and I was growing the shop and myself in ever since. I dont heat it, except with kerosen heater, but for the cold winter days I usually have Evan Williams - buddy of mine - near by:)