Insurance Insurance Again!!

/ Insurance Again!! #11  
Shop around. It was important enough for me to leave Farmers to go with
Allstate. If a new insurance company knows they may get your cars and homeowners insurance if the give you tractor coverage, they are generally willing to work with you. I had been a loyal Farmers customer for years and never had any claims. They acted like they were gutshot when I wanted to cover the tractor I bought.

/ Insurance Again!! #12  
Anyone familiar with the insurance New Holland credit offers? They've quoted me $650 for all 5 years of my loan as opposed to $190 for all 5 years on my regular farm policy...but NH says theirs has more inclusive coverage (tire repair, etc...) they almost describe it as an extended warranty...so i'm wondering if say the engine blows up, will NH cover that under insurance? (the tractor is used and not under factory warranty)

help!

/ Insurance Again!!
I thought I would let you all know my agent came thru after 3 years. Somehow is got the insurance company to cover the tractor for liability and comp. for $175.00. At least now I have some coverage when going off the property. Collision was too expensive but I figured I would be the one to get hit in the event of an accident and it would be the other guys fault (hopefully). Thanks for your replys.

/ Insurance Again!! #14  
I believe the NH policy covers not only the normal terms found in a policy, but covers the tractor for ANY kind of damage.

A friend of mine drove a limb up though his transmission and only paid a small amount (>$100?) of the $4000 repair. He says the insurance protects the tractor from him.

/ Insurance Again!! #15  
I have a copy of the New Holland insurance policy that is offered by CNH credit. I can scan the policy and post it here if needed for anyone wanting to look it over.

/ Insurance Again!! #16  
I went ahead and did the NH policy...for the difference of $7/month, it was worth it

/ Insurance Again!! #17  
i asked my insurance before i bought mine (plus CHN wanted to know who it was insured with)....

State farm said my homeowners policy would extend out to my property to cover my "stuff" there but not the structures.

I specificly said... so if i have a tractor out there... in a shed, and the wind blows the shed down ontop of the tractor... (she finished the sentace) then "we" would replace the tractor, but not the shed.

addtionaly the libility coverage extended there also... (ie i had a friend riding on the tractor, and he rolls it and gets hurt... insurace would cover it at the property just like at my house)

i said works for me.... with no changes.

/ Insurance Again!! #18  
Redneck_Randy said:
I have a copy of the New Holland insurance policy that is offered by CNH credit. I can scan the policy and post it here if needed for anyone wanting to look it over.

Redneck,

I would be interested in looking at that policy. I'm a couple of years into my loan, but if the insurance is affordable, I would be interested. Thanks

/ Insurance Again!!
You may want to check and see if the NH policy is only good for the time of the loan on the tractor. Kubota offers you insurance when you take the loan out which covers pretty much everything but you cannot add it after you purchased the tractor. That was the surprise I got when I found out that I was not covered between my properties with my homeowners and tried to add it..

/ Insurance Again!! #20  
The Kubota policy covers everything, including operator error, just pay the deductible ($200). My dealer gave me some xampled of what had been covered. One guy dumped rocks on the hood, policy covered the repair, same guy drove into a pond. policy covered that too. But it is only good for the lenght of the loan. An early payoff would mean a refund for time not covered. Kubota is covering themselves and the buyer. Mine cost $700 for the length of the loan (4 years)