Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
So does this happen to everyone, I'm working along and I go to get off my tractor and 3 point levers grab my shorts and dump me on the ground in a not so graceful fashion. I know that this is an issue with all Kubota B series tractors. Is it the same on everyone’s LOL

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #2  
Timber said:
So does this happen to everyone, I'm working along and I go to get off my tractor and 3 point levers grab my shorts and dump me on the ground in a not so graceful fashion. I know that this is an issue with all Kubota B series tractors. Is it the same on everyone’s LOL

Afternoon Timber,
Good one :) :) :) Not an issue on my Massey, I get off in the other direction, to the left, which BTW is the only direction to get off on that tractor :mad:

What no picture ? :)

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #3  
I always get off my tractor to the left also because of the FEL joystick, same goes for my motorcyle and any horses I may ride...always to the left.

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #4  
When I first got the little Mahindra I now have, I did something similar. I got off on the right side (= wrong side). The accelerator pedal went up the bottom of my pants leg and I went down flat. Good thing this is a low tractor.

It just enforced my already knowing that it is safest to get on and off most sub-CUTs and CUTs on the left side.

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #5  
Yep, Bob Skurka and I have had a few conversations about getting our shorts and or Carhart's (the heavy duty work clothes Bob since you don't know what they are) caught on the range lever on our little NH TC24s.:D

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #6  
It's the range lever on my L4400, but only if its left down in high. And it happens more often when I'm getting on the tractor. You try to step up there like a man but end up stumbling all over the place like you've never been on the machine before. And no Daisy Dukes for me, I don't have the legs for it. Usually some sort of old baggy pants.

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #7  
Only time I ever get off on the right is when I am in too tight a place to exit left. Accelerator pedal and FEL joy stick on the right on my MF 1260 makes it require more dexterity than I possess to exit right.

Barry

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #8  
Left side for me, 6'2" so I have to swing the leg over the wheel, right side has 2 brake pedals, throttle (foot and lever) and the 3pt control. LEft side only has the clutch, and the hi/lo which is very low.

And i'm with Goerge on the shorts, I feel if I wear shorts while on a tractor a giant Milwaukees Best Light beer can is going to come crahsing down on me. :)

http://www.milbestlight.com/tv_spots.aspx

For the record, here is my favorite in long version...I just noticed it's the same 4 guys dressed the same in all of them.. 'boards - Screening Room

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #9  
I've lost several pair of shorts and fell down a time or two getting off my Kubota. Only it's the PTO level on the left of mine that seems to slip under my shorts and snags!
Ron

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #10  
Most tractor mfgs. recommend enter and exit from the left side. I got caught on the 3 pt. control on mine a few times but have since adapted and am more careful getting off the right side.