Rear Remote

/ Rear Remote #1  

hagman

Silver Member
Tractor
B7610 Kubota
Hello All,

I am going to show my stupidity here but I keep seeing references to "rear remotes". Can someone explain to me what they are and the use of them? Thanks to all that reply.

/ Rear Remote #2  
Hyd remote connectors and spool valves mounted on the rear of the tractor for use in running external hyd cyl's and motors. For example, my Nh 7610s has 2 rear remotes and valves. I use 1 remote to lift the tail wheel on my 15' batwing mower. I use the other remote to fold the wings on the batwing mower. etc.

Same would be true of a disc with transport wheels or wings.. etc. Lots of uses for external hyds.

Soundguy

/ Rear Remote #3  
Another use, which I want but haven't got yet, is replacing your top link with a hydraulic top link. You'd need a rear remote to operate one of those too.

/ Rear Remote #4  
With some extra plumbing those same valves can control things mounted on the loader like a grapple on the bucket. I have 2 circuits brought forward to control a grapple or alternately a tree shear; 1 to open/close and the other to rotate the shear head horizontal/vertical.

Vernon

/ Rear Remote #5  
here is a pic of 3 rear remotes on a New Holland TN70A ag utility tractor.
One of the three sets is being used.
IMG_0515.jpg

/ Rear Remote #6  
Here's what 3 rear remotes look like on the back of my TC-40D SS. One set operates the hydraulic top link, one set operates the hydraulic side link, and the 3rd set remains open for other needs.

Attachments

• remote37.jpg
    remote37.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 220
   / Rear Remote #7  
Doc_Bob said:
One of the three sets is being used.
You sure about that ? ..... looks to me like two are in use and one set is open ...... :D

/ Rear Remote #8  
Here's what my rear remotes look like on my Kama 554. I made the bulk head fixture for the 3 sets and place them in an easy to get to position. They are easily accessible even with any implement on the 3pt.

/ Rear Remote #9  
rswyan said:
You sure about that ? ..... looks to me like two are in use and one set is open ...... :D

Yes, I was in a hurry and did not pay attention. Oops!
Bob

/ Rear Remote #10  
I have a TC45 and it looks a lot like Pineridge's pic .... I had 1 set installed when I bought the tractor -- a 2nd set later ... and wouldn't mind having a 3rd ... moral - you seemingly can never have enough. They are so-o-o handy. I use the 2 I have for 1. hyd toplink (which never comes off) and 2. front grapple ... eventually I know I'll be getting some attachment that will require a third of some sort - "WILL IT NEVER END?" (quote from the wife):rolleyes: :D ..... but then she's the one that wants a backhoe --- go figger