Tractor Names

/ Tractor Names #21  
My 1949 Ferguson TO-20 is "Fergie" or "OGF - Old Gray Ferguson".
My 2004 New Holland TC35A is "Blue Thunder", like the movie and TV series with the helicopter.

/ Tractor Names
jwnge said:
Na, I wouldn't be that silly.. JohnJ

Well I'm glad to hear I'm not alone out here. Now I won't go looking for the PTO, as I'm sure it's there. The JD won't get named until he's been run a bit and I get a feel for what his name should be. Some are easy - some are hard. My Honda ST1300 just had to be STacey, but I had to give my Nissan Frontier a couple of weeks to find out he was Bradley.

/ Tractor Names #23  
Bob the bobcat (hmmmm real original eh)
Babe (blue ox from Paul Bunyon) NH 1925
Bertha my buddies 185 CFM air compressor.

/ Tractor Names #24  
We call our gal Blue Thunder.

Attachments

• tc4.jpg
    tc4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 156
   / Tractor Names #25  
My new Kubota L-39 is "Neo" because we (my wife in particular) hope that he's "The One" and are "anxious to see what he is capable of".

If you haven't seen the "Matrix" you wouldn't understand.

/ Tractor Names #26  
Our L-3130 is the "Terminator"

Our L-39 is the "StumpKnocker"

And our ZD-21 is the "LifeSaver"

Attachments

• stumpknocker.jpg
    stumpknocker.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 193
  • StumpKnocker2a.jpg
    StumpKnocker2a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Terminator1a.jpg
    Terminator1a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Terminator2a.jpg
    Terminator2a.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 114
   / Tractor Names #27  
P.I.T.A but then what do you expect until I was 12 I thought my name was S.o.b and my bother was JC. My dad would yell at me and say JC and Id say no dad im s.o.b. I forget wich comedian used that line but I have always thought it was funny

/ Tractor Names #28  
firemanpat2910 said:
P.I.T.A but then what do you expect until I was 12 I thought my name was S.o.b and my bother was JC. My dad would yell at me and say JC and Id say no dad im s.o.b. I forget wich comedian used that line but I have always thought it was funny
It was Bill Cosby if I remember right.

Some of my vehicles have earned names and some have not. All of the names I have for vehicles start with "The"...

Dad's old 3/4 ton Dodge club cab was "The Tank of Death"
My Kawasaki 750 LTD was "The Fire Breathing Dragon"
Our Chevy Astro Minivan was "The Gutless Wonder"
I had a little Chevy Cavalier that was usually "The Stupid Piece of Junk", but went by "The Little White Wonder" when my girlfriend (now my wife) was in the car.

Right now my tractors all go by "The blue one", "The red one", or "The John Deere". I'm still waiting for them to earn real names.

/ Tractor Names #29  
The Kubota was "Rodney." The riding mower is "Rodney II."

/ Tractor Names #30  
My wife names everything. At first, I thought she was crazy, but I finally got used to it. Glad to see we're not the only "crazy" people around!

Our former Dodge pickup - somewhat cantakerous - was "Butthead" (the Ram)
The JD LX178 is "Little Joe" (named after "Mean Joe Greene", only smaller)
The Chevy Truck is "Enli" (Cherokee for "I saw a dog" - don't ask!)
The Audi is named "Innie" (Innie the Audi - who could resist?)
The new JD 3320 will be "Hoss" (after all, he is Little Joe's "brother"... and it fits!)