Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #21  
i service my M125x as per the book, because if i let the hydraulic filter change go over by much, the filter condition warning light comes on. kubota seem to know exactly how much material comes out of the trans, and have set the intervals to suit. surpised me when it happened

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #22  
Doc_Bob said:
I took a look at the owners manual again. Both engine oil, and both tranny filter and engine filters are done at 300 hours. The tranny fluid is done at 2 years or 1200 hours. So, do I change the tranny filter prior to 300 hours?? Do I change the tranny filter before 2 years or 1200 hours?
Bob

That is really surprising, Bob. 300 hours on a tractor is like changing oil on a vehicle at 15,000 miles (50 mph average). That just seems excessive. How many quarts of oil does a TN hold?

I change fluids at recommended intervals except for front axle and power steering. I'll look at doing those at 1200 hours. I'll be at that within a couple of weeks.

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations
jinman said:
That is really surprising, Bob. 300 hours on a tractor is like changing oil on a vehicle at 15,000 miles (50 mph average). That just seems excessive. How many quarts of oil does a TN hold?

I change fluids at recommended intervals except for front axle and power steering. I'll look at doing those at 1200 hours. I'll be at that within a couple of weeks.

2 gallons for engine oil.

I changed every fluid and filter when I got my used tractor at 168 hours and it was 3 years old. The tractor lived in Dallas/Ft. Worth for the first 168 hours and 3 years. I still need to change my brake fluid. I think my power steering fluid is part of the tranny fluid, but I will have to check.
Bob

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #24  
I change my oil & fuel filter every 50 hours, hydro services on kubotas recomendations. Keep in mind my tractor earns 60% of my living, so i have to stay up on my service!

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #25  
I must be a dang sissy as I follow New Holland's recommendations.

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #26  
I just looked at my NH 1720 owners manual. It specifies oil change intervals at 100 hours BUT filter changes at 200 hours. I never change the engine oil without the filter being changed also. They state the same interval for the fuel filter. It's just easier all around for me to change the oil AND filters at 100 hours intervals. I'm stupid. I like to keep things simple.

PineRidge said:
I must be a dang sissy as I follow New Holland's recommendations.

Okay, you are a sissy :D
Bob

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #28  
I change oil and filters yearly no matter what the hours.

Solo

jinman said:
That is really surprising, Bob. 300 hours on a tractor is like changing oil on a vehicle at 15,000 miles (50 mph average).

So is this like one dog year is equal to seven human years? :D
Bob

/ Who follows manufacturer's oil change recommendations #30  
Doc_Bob said:
So is this like one dog year is equal to seven human years? :D
Bob

Absolutely! Just like everyone knows that if a dog travels with a human in a pickup for 100,000 miles, it's the same as 700,000 dog miles.:p