Steiner lawn tractor

/ Steiner lawn tractor #61  
Cantoo, thanks for the links! Will read them when I get time, seems since I've retired I don't have as much time as I used to!!! Leaving town this afternoon, was hoping the grass would have grown enough I could mow with the Steiner before I leave, but no rain and August equals no grass to mow. Hard to believe I am wanting to mow. Will post up more as I begin to use the mower. Don't think the deck will ever rust out!!

Also, they also had a Kubota ZG222 at the same auction, sat on it, was way more cramped than the Steiner. Think I am going to like it once I get to use it....more later, and thanks again for the links!

/ Steiner lawn tractor
The Bob,
I spent three days last year riding around just above you on my motorcycle. Wife and I rode almost a thousand miles, starting in Gillham, down belong Mena and never left the state.
You live near some nice scenic roads!
David from jax

/ Steiner lawn tractor #63  
The Bob,
I spent three days last year riding around just above you on my motorcycle. Wife and I rode almost a thousand miles, starting in Gillham, down belong Mena and never left the state.
You live near some nice scenic roads!
David from jax

PM me if you head back to ride anytime. I have two bikes, hardly get time to ride them anymore since we purchased the 100 acres. BMW MOA actually sent me an email asking why I did not re-new my membership. I went from the 12th highest mileage rider in 2014 to not even bothering to sign up!

Starting to really like the Steiner mower. Pulled the plugs and cleaned them, took the blades off yesterday to find new ones. May have to order from a local mower shop. the ones I found at the big store had a slightly larger mounting hole. Those would probably work okay, but don't want to chance it. Also replaced a throttle spring to help hold the throttle open, the throttle was returning to just above idle when moved, now it stays open better.

Does anyone know where I can find manuals, wanting to be sure to do the PM as required, I have found more grease zerts than I thought could be on one machine!

/ Steiner lawn tractor #64  
Not very much Steiner/Ventrac traffic on here, so I thought I would add this.

Got rid of my Steiner TH 300 trencher. Good machine, but worse then useless in this rocky ground.

Traded my 60" side discharge mower for a recent model 72" side discharge. I use a 60" rear discharge.

I kind of got what I expected. Firstly it reminds me of how much I HATE side discharge mowers.

The little 430 MAX Diesel will barely lift that 500# something deck. It's a lot of weight to be swinging around (steering). I think that unless the grass is short and the ground is level that the 60" may be quicker and offer a better cut as it does not span as much uneven ground.

Just my observations.