Tractor
    JD 4300HST 4x4

Default Higher RPMs

I did quite a lot of loader word in the last two days in middle range at higher rpms (2400-2500) than I usually use because I had to travel so far between piles. My jd4300 was smoking very slightly before this. I added some fuel additive and after a little over 9 hrs of the higher rpms it's running clear and smooth again. I think maybe I've been running it too slow for too long(BH work). Anyway this really cleaned it out. On a side bar, I used about a 1/2 gal of fuel per hour during this session of loader work. Not bad for a hydro and running so hard(up hill with load and down hill emty.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Higher RPMs

Yup, I'd say you burnt the carbon out of her. Was it making a ticking,or slight knocking sound before this?

Tractor
    JD 4300HST 4x4

Default Re: Higher RPMs

Woodbeef

Was it making a ticking,or slight knocking sound before this?

No, not that I can recall or noticed. I did smell diesel while running it though and now I don't. The engine does sound a little smoother. I'd guess the injectors were slightly plugged. Not any more. What would the ticking or slight knocking indicate?