hours

/ hours #61  
I had been thinking with two identical machines, one with a digital h/m and the other with the analog variety, you could have a difference in the hours after performing identical tasks. That's basically the point I was trying to make. I just thought that to be odd.
Thanks, John

/ hours #62  
ARGH....

... if you have a digital 'clock' in one tractor and a tach rpm clock on the other, and it takes you 1 real hour to move a pile of sand.. then the tractor with the digital clock will show that you used 1 hour. In the tractor that uses the tach hours.. if they are rated for 1600 rom, and you ran at 1200 rpm, then the clock will show that you used 45 minutes.... why do you find that odd??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are using the tractor below it's rated rpm... I.E. the tractor manufacture has rated 'working' hours based on a set rpm.. you worked the tractor less than it's rated rpm.. thus the tractor has not 'worked as hard ( aged as much.. based on work level ). This probably is very usefull if you break it down on a cost vs life table.. where the 'working' hours will be more usefull than knowing how long the ignition key was on.

Soundguy

/ hours #63  
Soundguy said:
ARGH....

... if you have a digital 'clock' in one tractor and a tach rpm clock on the other, and it takes you 1 real hour to move a pile of sand.. then the tractor with the digital clock will show that you used 1 hour. In the tractor that uses the tach hours.. if they are rated for 1600 rom, and you ran at 1200 rpm, then the clock will show that you used 45 minutes.... why do you find that odd??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are using the tractor below it's rated rpm... I.E. the tractor manufacture has rated 'working' hours based on a set rpm.. you worked the tractor less than it's rated rpm.. thus the tractor has not 'worked as hard ( aged as much.. based on work level ). This probably is very usefull if you break it down on a cost vs life table.. where the 'working' hours will be more usefull than knowing how long the ignition key was on.

Soundguy
What's odd is that you have two completely different hour readings for two identical machines doing IDENTICAL TASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be doing your scheduled maintenance at two different times for TWO MACHINES DOING IDENTICAL TASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is odd to me. That's all Soundguy, it just seems odd.
John

/ hours #64  
NewToy said:
What's odd is that you have two completely different hour readings for two identical machines doing IDENTICAL TASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be doing your scheduled maintenance at two different times for TWO MACHINES DOING IDENTICAL TASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is odd to me. That's all Soundguy, it just seems odd.
John

You are completely missing the -very- important variable of engine use. The engine that ran at a lower rpm and thus racked up less time actually 'worked' less.. and thus shouldn't need service as soon.

I don't find it odd to think that a tractor with a tach-clock will have a different reading than a tractor with a time-clock.. seems -very- logical to me.

In any case.. I provided you with a CUT brand that had the digital display and tach-clock...

Soundguy

/ hours #65  
Soundguy said:
You are completely missing the -very- important variable of engine use. The engine that ran at a lower rpm and thus racked up less time actually 'worked' less.. and thus shouldn't need service as soon.

I don't find it odd to think that a tractor with a tach-clock will have a different reading than a tractor with a time-clock.. seems -very- logical to me.

In any case.. I provided you with a CUT brand that had the digital display and tach-clock...

Soundguy
You are missing the point. The only point I was trying to make is that you have the potential to have two different h/m readings on two identical tractors doing the exact work, one tractor keeping time digitally and the other with the tach cable/analog set up. I have no debate on which system is better or more accurate. The ONLY thing I was trying to say is that there is POTENTIAL for a difference. That is all.

/ hours #66  
So? ..what's the big deal on the difference? As long as you know which you have.. you can make an informed decision on service intervals.

Is this one of those.. "i'm going to debate a point.. any point, just because i can" type issues? If so.. I'm outta here.. I thought there might have been a real question burried in here somewhere.

later...

Soundguy

/ hours #67  
Soundguy said:
So? ..what's the big deal on the difference? As long as you know which you have.. you can make an informed decision on service intervals.

Is this one of those.. "i'm going to debate a point.. any point, just because i can" type issues? If so.. I'm outta here.. I thought there might have been a real question burried in here somewhere.

later...

Soundguy
Not ANY point. The point of the possible disparity in hours due to the time keeping apparatus being used. I thought it odd, strange, funny, (not ha ha funny) that the potential is there. That is it SOUNDGUY. No big debate or argument here. I was just trying to say that in MY opinion I thought it kind of strange. If you don't just say so, keep all the sniping to yourself. Have a wonderful holiday season.
John
John