Tires Loaded tires? How do you tell?

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #1  

GreenMtns

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
I was under the impression that the rear tires of my tractor were loaded. I have been using the loader and getting a lot of forward/backward bounce. I am not carrying any greater load with this tractor than I used to with my other tractor. The tractor has a BB mounted the same as the other had.
So I would like to be sure the tires are loaded. Would you rotate a rear wheel to place the valve stem on the bottom and see if any liquid came out or would that damage the vavle stem?

Al

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #2  
(Would you rotate a rear wheel to place the valve stem on the bottom and see if any liquid came out or would that damage the vavle stem?)

That'll work just fine. Be careful not to get any liquid in your eyes. When I add air to the rear tires I always see some liquid come out. My valve stems are on the inside of the wheels so it's hard to put air in with the stems at the top.

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #3  
You can tell your tires are loaded if they stagger, slur, or fail a blood alcohol test. Another good way is if they start finding other ugly tires suddenly attractive!!;)

Sorry. . .I just felt the sudden urge to be stoopid. No offense.

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #4  
Glowplug said:
You can tell your tires are loaded if they stagger, slur, or fail a blood alcohol test. Another good way is if they start finding other ugly tires suddenly attractive!!;)

Hahahah. That was pretty good! :)

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell?
Glowplug said:

Well then, they may just be loaded. One is staggering all over the place and the other has taken a likeing to bald tires.
But just to be sure I'm going to try the leaky valve stem trick.

heh, heh, heh

Al

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #6  
You received the right reply on how to check if your tires are loaded.

Loaded tires are not enough to keep the rear wheels on the ground. You need some weight off the 3 ph. Read your owner's manual concerning this. On my 4010, I need AT LEAST about 300# on the 3 ph to keep one of the rear wheels from lifting. My brush hog works pretty well, but it sticks out the back a bit far. I've also used my carryall with stuff in it or my soil ripper rig.

Ralph

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #7  
I think you would be surprised how much weight you do need on the rears when doing FEL work. When I get my BIG tractor with a FEL I am also planning on purchasing a 3ph mounted rear ballast for loader work. When filled it will weight 2,200lbs!! Baby got back!! Now, that may be overkill; but I sure would be able to do some heavy FEL work and keep stable. So, your tires may be loaded; even with the slight unsteadiness. Now, as far as how to tell for sure. . . .I don't have a good answer.

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #8  
You can just hit the tire with a hammer down about half way then hit near the top. If the tire is loaded you will be able to tell the difference by the sound and feel. The tire should only be 75% full so there should be no fluid near the top giving a more hollow sound.

/ Loaded tires? How do you tell? #9  
Glowplug said:

What liquid do your tires prefer.. :D