Best way to remove the over growth

/ Best way to remove the over growth
MDBARB

will try your method since I only have the FEL and MMM, would not think about purchasing any thing
at this time the BOSS is still get NOT over the BX2200 price tag.

I do plan once the area is some what clear using a rear walk behind tiller and a rake to level it out. Would be
nice if I did have the correct attachments for the bx2200 but one thing at a time. Or at least a few months

thanks

/ Best way to remove the over growth #12  
rmc,

Another thing you can do is to rent some attachments to help you along. Some implement dealers have rental units and some rental shops have limited implements for the 3pt hitch. Or try your local auctions. You can sometimes get a decent piece of equipment for a nice price.

That way you use it when needed and then return. Once the CFO sees that a rental is about X percent of the cost of purchase and you can use the implement often, you might be able to justify the cost of purchasing one.

Terry

/ Best way to remove the over growth #13  
i would first remove any unhealty trees, but as THOMAS says , be careful of what u remove. then hog it if u can, if using a fel u will find that sometimes attacking form different sides will make it easier, nother words if u have a root that won't come out, try from a different angle. slow and easy!!! amazing what u can clear. i have found that when u are clearing, it don't seem like u are doing much good, but when u look at it a day or two later, u can appreciate how much u cleared.

/ Best way to remove the over growth #14  
I know shes probably not up for you renting a machine but if it were me I would either rent a heavy duty brush hog for the tractor or rent a skid steer with a forestry mulching attachment. This makes quick work of it and can usually be rented for about 800 a day. Other than that a Fel will take some time but it can be done.

/ Best way to remove the over growth #15  
This is a 7 year old thread, the OP's last post on TBN was about 4 years ago.

/ Best way to remove the over growth #16  
That's one thing I don't like about the software they use on this forum. Old posts/threads should have the date more readily visible. PLus, they really should be dropped way down the list to the bottom, or else be flagged as an inactive thread....

/ Best way to remove the over growth #17  
Problem is that people find old threads through searches and don't realize it is an old thread.

/ Best way to remove the over growth #19  
That's one thing I don't like about the software they use on this forum. Old posts/threads should have the date more readily visible. PLus, they really should be dropped way down the list to the bottom, or else be flagged as an inactive thread....

Funny you should mention this as I was thinking just the opposite today. I like the fact that you can search old posts, find some information, and the post a followup for additional discussion. I think being able to resurrect old threads and post is very valuable. Just my $.02 worth.

/ Best way to remove the over growth #20  
Funny you should mention this as I was thinking just the opposite today. I like the fact that you can search old posts, find some information, and the post a followup for additional discussion. I think being able to resurrect old threads and post is very valuable. Just my $.02 worth.

Dang, I guess I can't type or spell... :)