pto

/ pto #1  

chevy2ford

I just got a Zetor 6245 with FEL.
When I push the lever to engage PTO it spins but I can grab it with my hand and stop it.
Are there other levers to engage pto?
Does anyone know whats wrong?
Please Help !

/ pto #2  
Forgive me if this is too obvious. Are you depressing the clutch first, then engaging the PTO? If you just move the handle, it may jump out of gear when it starts to move and it is just slowing down - hence you can stop it with your hand. Depress the clutch, engage it and see if it holds. You can disengage without using the clutch.

Also, it the machine new? Mine was not engaging and I found the fork that engages the PTO had worn to nothing - replaced it and was back in business in no time. Merry Christmas & good luck.

/ pto #3  
Maybe I'm just a sissy but I would never grab a spinning PTO shaft!:eek:

/ pto #4  
N80 said:
Maybe I'm just a sissy but I would never grab a spinning PTO shaft!:eek:

Me either. Rotating machinery injuries are one of the quickest and most deadly. If you or your clothing was ever grabbed by the shaft or spinning guards, you would be sucked in so hard and fast you'd never know what hit you.

Andy

/ pto #5  
chevy2ford said:
I just got a Zetor 6245 with FEL.
When I push the lever to engage PTO it spins but I can grab it with my hand and stop it.
Are there other levers to engage pto?
Does anyone know whats wrong?
Please Help !

Question completely off - what made you to go with Zetor?

/ pto #7  
Tried that once and flipped the tractor on it's roof when the shaft stoped lol!

/ pto #8  
whoa! i don't even go near one of them when the tractor is running.

/ pto #9  
My brotherinlaw has a zetor. Seems like a nice tractor.
I doubt that it is jumping out of engagement but it's could be. My guess is that it has another lever that engages gears between the transmition and the pto. The lever you are using is simply a clutch that is attached to the gears on the pto side. It turns because the gears are close together and the dive gear is making the pto gear move with the transmision oil that it is moving but when you grab onto the pto shaft, the oil cannot keep the pto gear turning. Unfortunately, I don't know if there a gear engagement on your tractor or where it is.

/ pto #10  
Welcome to tbn chevy2ford,and Merry Christmas. I can't answer your question but I would call the dealer if you don't get it figured out.
I'd also like to invite Dirthog over for a "stump pull" I have a couple that are too big for my tractor.:D