new tires from Firestone

/ new tires from Firestone #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
I saw an article in Ohio Farm Journal about Firestone making different style tractor tires in interchangeble sizes. The pic with it showed a turf tire and an R4 that fit on the same rim. The article implied that they will be making different tread types to fit the same rim size, unlike now when you need to get new wheels to change from one type to another. Anyone else hear about this? Apparently the sizes will be the same since the pic referred to above showed the turf and R4 on the same axle of a tractor.

/ new tires from Firestone #2  
I too would be interested in knowing if Firestone is making turf tires that will fit R4 rims. As a newbie last year I received a jolt when I found out switching out my R4's was going to cost $850 because of the rim change.

Hagman
B7610 w/FEL Boxblade & MMM

/ new tires from Firestone #3  
da Teacha,

I spoke with a Firestone engineer today about the new tire. It is still in developement and he doesn't know when it will be released. So I guess we're both looking at having to change rims if we want to run turf tires.

Hagman
B7610 w/FEL, Boxscraper & MMM

/ new tires from Firestone
I wonder why it was in the magazine then? Oh well, something else to watch for. Thanks for the input