Front axle diff lock on cut?

/ Front axle diff lock on cut? #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
Do any CUT's come with a selectable front locker aka diff lock?
Many times when using the tractor in 4wd I've seen one front tire break traction while the other isn't turning.
A front locker would be handy. Sort of a diff lock for the front.
I realize turning would be tough, but for a straight ahead situation it would help.

/ Front axle diff lock on cut? #2  
Slacker said:
Do any CUT's come with a selectable front locker aka diff lock?
Many times when using the tractor in 4wd I've seen one front tire break traction while the other isn't turning.
A front locker would be handy. Sort of a diff lock for the front.
I realize turning would be tough, but for a straight ahead situation it would help.

I haven't seen one. It would be nice - and you can't turn all that well with the rears locked up anyway. On the larger tractors the rear diff lock is two pedals - one for each side so you can lock either or both, kind of like the rear brakes. I usually hit both of them at the same time, though...

/ Front axle diff lock on cut? #3  
I have heard that some of the larger NH do.. perhaps with sensi trac or something like that. perhaps one of the guys that is 'up' ont he New, CNh units will chime in. i'm more in tune with the 50-60 year old ford stuff.

Soundguy

/ Front axle diff lock on cut? #5  
My New Holland TN75D has a switch on the dash to engage 4WD and another to enage the differential lock. There are no pedals. The engagement is electro hydraulic and locks both front and rear axles. There is a small hydraulic line running into the front diffferential. In the TN line only the SuperSteer Models have SensiTrac so mine doesn't have SensiTrac. When both axles are locked the TN pulls like a mule. When I'm on soft ground I don't even notice the effect on steering. I've looked at quite a few TN's and haven't seen the telltale hydraulic line on many.

Andy

/ Front axle diff lock on cut? #6  
The SAME/Deutz Farr cut's and utility tractors got 'em. Nice tractors but $$$$.

KB

/ Front axle diff lock on cut? #7  
Yes I have front diff lock.

RedDog