Cab pros and cons

/ Cab pros and cons
Re: MChalkley 100,000th POST (I think)

In my dream, I just open the cab windows on those fine days.

If you've ever run a snow blower on a windy day, you'll want a cab too, regardless of how much you like to commune with nature (which I do).

/ Cab pros and cons #32  
cab vs no cab..I have owned both. Depending on how you are working is the main concern. If its year around on the tractor-cab is the way to go. Heat and a/c protection from the elements. I bail hay and I would rather sweat inside of a cab with no air than have to breathe in all the dust and dirt. Granted the only problem is you have to keep those filters and screens clean if you want the a/c to work properly. If money is an issue than you may have to go with no cab. Cab tractors are more expensive but look at the comforts. A bit more money vs discomfort all day long. I think I would just spend the money.

/ Cab pros and cons #33  
cab vs no cab..I have owned both. Depending on how you are working is the main concern. If its year around on the tractor-cab is the way to go. Heat and a/c protection from the elements. I bail hay and I would rather sweat inside of a cab with no air than have to breathe in all the dust and dirt. Granted the only problem is you have to keep those filters and screens clean if you want the a/c to work properly. If money is an issue than you may have to go with no cab. Cab tractors are more expensive but look at the comforts. A bit more money vs discomfort all day long. I think I would just spend the money.
Con of cabs.
3 of them are expensive for my 3 BXs.
Sure would like to find a buy 1 get 2 free deal.

/ Cab pros and cons #34  
Another 7 year old thread dredged up, probably accidentally.

/ Cab pros and cons #35  
What about soft side cabs? Use in winter and remove in summer? I have been thinking about one for next winter.

/ Cab pros and cons #36  
Given the fact the thread has been resurrected here is my input.

My neighbour had an 5 year old Kubota that he traded in for a new Kubota with a cab. He then learned his back hoe would not fit. So he sold the backhoe.

Shane

/ Cab pros and cons #38  
In my opinion, cabs are seldom justified on tractors under 50 hp for these reasons: 1)High cost, 2)Loss of overhead clearance 3)AC consumption of hp that is in short supply 4)Raise center of gravity, 5)Expensive to maintain. A canopy however, is a good option on these tractors, and I have been nearly as comfortable in a small tractor with a good canopy than I have been in a big tractor with an AC cab while operating under the hot sun. If you are really bothered bugs or allergies, or choose to use a snowblower, then I understand why you would like a cab. Luckily, I dont suffer from any of these aliments so an open station small tractor suits me fine.

/ Cab pros and cons #40  
Having owned & operated both for decades, i will take the cab model every time. In a perfect world, owning both would be awesome! A factory cab model & an open station model with folding rops for those tight areas.