Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Default Re: Cab pros and cons

SINCE WE REVISITED...
    I agree with the higher center of gravity,ill have to be alot more carefull out in the woods or on a slope.As far as summer time ac use,i can remove the doors,rear wall and its just as open as it was when i had just a roof canopy.Ihave the heater fan and the over head circulating fan to keep me cool.Ill stay dry running the hoe,and wont get rain in my lap if theres wind in volved.Most of my seat time will be out repairing or building atv trails for my club,i will stay nice and comfortable should a shower come up,and weather should not effect me much.
    ALAN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_1493-1024-x-768-jpg  
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Aside from the obvious, a cab is a great time saver.
    If I have an hour or two, I can mow or do anything that would get me dirty or dusty in an open station tractor. I save the time I would normally have to shower or clean up before going somewhere. There are many times during the spring thru fall that if I could not stay clean to fulfill other commitments, I would not have been able to spend an hour or so catching up on dusty jobs. Not to mention how nice it is to be away from insects bug sprays and other not so desirable outdoor problems... Clean and dry is always welcome. KennyV

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Maybe opinions have changed since 2002.. I know my hairline has shifted a bit!!

I want a Quick-Tach cab like hwp's 2400F kubota. You know - on in the winter - off in the summer.

Yah, that's the ticket!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

I can understand the mindset of wanting an open machine for those perfect days. Her'e in the northeast we get 3 or 4 of them every year.
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    deere 3720

I now have had both and I will take my cab tractor anyday over an open station. There is just no comparison for me.

Tractor
    Kubota M95s, Allis Chalmers 185 & D17 series IV, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kawasaki Mule 610

I have driven open station tractors for close to 40 years and cab tractors for about four years now. There are several jobs that I just wouldn't consider doing any more with out a cab. When it's 90 to 100 degrees out, humid and I have to bush hog through tall grass while fighting bees, horse flies, etc... a cab is priceless. I also found that rototilling in dry dusty conditions is ridiculous without a cab. I still use the non-cab D-14 Allis for parades, and small tasks, but anytime I have a serious job to do out in the heat, cold, dust, etc... the cab tractor wins every time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -130-jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

escavader is that a factory cab on your tractor. It is larger than the tractor. I didnt know you could get a cab on anything smaller than 30-35 HP due to the tractor frame size restrictions. Looks like you have killed that restriction.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by firemen122 View Post
    I now have had both and I will take my cab tractor anyday over an open station. There is just no comparison for me.
    They don't make cars and trucks with just hoods and rear fenders and they shouldn't do it with tractors either.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneD14 View Post
    I have driven open station tractors for close to 40 years and cab tractors for about four years now. There are several jobs that I just wouldn't consider doing any more with out a cab. When it's 90 to 100 degrees out, humid and I have to bush hog through tall grass while fighting bees, horse flies, etc... a cab is priceless. I also found that rototilling in dry dusty conditions is ridiculous without a cab.

Trouble is a cab for each of these gets real expensive.
    Any one know where i can find a buy 1 get 2 free deal?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    escavader is that a factory cab on your tractor. It is larger than the tractor. I didnt know you could get a cab on anything smaller than 30-35 HP due to the tractor frame size restrictions. Looks like you have killed that restriction.
    You can buy cabs for the BX tractors.

escavader built his and a fine job he did too.
    apparently you haven't read his thread about the build.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    JD2520, Ford 8N, JD318, Cub Cadet125

OK, I guess this thread is alive again.

Here's the situation . .
    Temperature somewhere between 0 and 10 F.
    Wind 25 to 30 mph.
    'nuff said - get a cab of some sort.
    I also love an open station machine in the nicer months - will deal with that issue in a few weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cab1-jpg  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast