Cab pros and cons

/ Cab pros and cons #41  
SINCE WE REVISITED...
I agree with the higher center of gravity,ill have to be alot more carefull out in the woods or on a slope.As far as summer time ac use,i can remove the doors,rear wall and its just as open as it was when i had just a roof canopy.Ihave the heater fan and the over head circulating fan to keep me cool.Ill stay dry running the hoe,and wont get rain in my lap if theres wind in volved.Most of my seat time will be out repairing or building atv trails for my club,i will stay nice and comfortable should a shower come up,and weather should not effect me much.
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_1493 (1024 x 768).jpg
    100_1493 (1024 x 768).jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 164
   / Cab pros and cons #42  
Aside from the obvious, a cab is a great time saver.
If I have an hour or two, I can mow or do anything that would get me dirty or dusty in an open station tractor. I save the time I would normally have to shower or clean up before going somewhere. There are many times during the spring thru fall that if I could not stay clean to fulfill other commitments, I would not have been able to spend an hour or so catching up on dusty jobs. Not to mention how nice it is to be away from insects bug sprays and other not so desirable outdoor problems... Clean and dry is always welcome. KennyV

/ Cab pros and cons #43  
Maybe opinions have changed since 2002.. I know my hairline has shifted a bit!! ;)

I want a Quick-Tach cab like hwp's 2400F Kubota. You know - on in the winter - off in the summer.

Yah, that's the ticket! :)

AKfish

/ Cab pros and cons #44  
I can understand the mindset of wanting an open machine for those perfect days. Her'e in the northeast we get 3 or 4 of them every year.

/ Cab pros and cons #45  
I now have had both and I will take my cab tractor anyday over an open station. There is just no comparison for me.

/ Cab pros and cons #46  
I have driven open station tractors for close to 40 years and cab tractors for about four years now. There are several jobs that I just wouldn't consider doing any more with out a cab. When it's 90 to 100 degrees out, humid and I have to bush hog through tall grass while fighting bees, horse flies, etc... a cab is priceless. I also found that rototilling in dry dusty conditions is ridiculous without a cab. I still use the non-cab D-14 Allis for parades, and small tasks, but anytime I have a serious job to do out in the heat, cold, dust, etc... the cab tractor wins every time. :)

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Pictures - Old Files 080.jpg
    Pictures - Old Files 080.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 125
   / Cab pros and cons #47  
escavader is that a factory cab on your tractor. It is larger than the tractor. I didnt know you could get a cab on anything smaller than 30-35 HP due to the tractor frame size restrictions. Looks like you have killed that restriction.

/ Cab pros and cons #48  
I now have had both and I will take my cab tractor anyday over an open station. There is just no comparison for me.
They don't make cars and trucks with just hoods and rear fenders and they shouldn't do it with tractors either.
I have driven open station tractors for close to 40 years and cab tractors for about four years now. There are several jobs that I just wouldn't consider doing any more with out a cab. When it's 90 to 100 degrees out, humid and I have to bush hog through tall grass while fighting bees, horse flies, etc... a cab is priceless. I also found that rototilling in dry dusty conditions is ridiculous without a cab. :)

Trouble is a cab for each of these gets real expensive.
Any one know where i can find a buy 1 get 2 free deal?

/ Cab pros and cons #49  
escavader is that a factory cab on your tractor. It is larger than the tractor. I didnt know you could get a cab on anything smaller than 30-35 HP due to the tractor frame size restrictions. Looks like you have killed that restriction.
You can buy cabs for the BX tractors.

escavader built his and a fine job he did too.
apparently you haven't read his thread about the build.

/ Cab pros and cons #50  
OK, I guess this thread is alive again.

Here's the situation . .
Temperature somewhere between 0 and 10 F.
Wind 25 to 30 mph.
'nuff said - get a cab of some sort.
I also love an open station machine in the nicer months - will deal with that issue in a few weeks.

Attachments

• cab1.JPG
    cab1.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 166