Kubota L1500 started-with a little help

/ Kubota L1500 started-with a little help #1  

watgad

Tractor
Kubota L1500
Just wanted to update everyone on my Kubota L1500. Mechanic was able to start machine by "pulling off". He said machine ran with no problems. He shut machine down and tried to start using key/starter. Machine started. After shutting machine down and letting it sit for thirty minutes, tried to start using key/starter. Machine would not start. Mechanic wants to install new glow plugs. I want to have starter tested. Because machine is at his shop and I have had my turn troubleshooting, we will install new glow plugs.

/ Kubota L1500 started-with a little help #2  
watgad said:
Just wanted to update everyone on my Kubota L1500. Mechanic was able to start machine by "pulling off". He said machine ran with no problems. He shut machine down and tried to start using key/starter. Machine started. After shutting machine down and letting it sit for thirty minutes, tried to start using key/starter. Machine would not start. Mechanic wants to install new glow plugs. I want to have starter tested. Because machine is at his shop and I have had my turn troubleshooting, we will install new glow plugs.

That may be the cause, but given the symptoms of failure to start after 30 minutes, it could be from the fuel system too.

But, you have to give some trust to the guy holding the wrench looking at the machine!

Let us know if new glow plugs fixes it.

jb

/ Kubota L1500 started-with a little help #3  
I'd test the glow plugs out before replacing them. They could be a-ok and like John bud said could be a fuel or other problem.

/ Kubota L1500 started-with a little help #5  
You get another machine to pull you then you let the clutch out. This turns the engine over and starts it. This works when you have a problem with th starter or a low/dead battery.

/ Kubota L1500 started-with a little help #6  
Thanks. I know the concept very well but never heard it called that before.