Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins?

/ Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins? #1  

Bob_Skurka

Does anyone know where I can get small lapel pins, or similar item with the logos for Kubota or New Holland?

I would like to make up a couple FEL control knobs with the pins embedded into the plastic of the knob. I recently had something similar done for my Snow Trac and had a custom flair top shift knob made with the logo embedded into the shift knob. In the case of the Snow Trac, I used a simple graphic file and it is just a piece of paper embedded into the shift knob. But it would be just as easy to embed a 3 dimentional object and that would give it an even nicer look.

I check the online store at New Holland but they don't have any. I checked a couple other sources that make/sell pins but can't find anything there either. What I need is something about 1/2" or 3/4" in size.

Help :confused:

Attached is a photo of my new shift knob for my Snow Trac to give you an idea of what I want to do.

Attachments

• ST4 shift knob.jpg
    ST4 shift knob.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 355
   / Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins? #2  
Antique shop? I know some shops around here have old stuff, not sure NH and Kubota are antique yet. Don't know if any "model" (plastic toy) tractors would have emblems in them or not, might be worth looking at. Tractor Supply? They usually have some farm related metal toys, clocks, etc. If all else fails, maybe a tractor calendar, but it would be paper like the one you already made.

Sounds like a neat idea, good luck with your search. BTW, some of the guys over on YT forum may be able to help.

/ Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins? #3  
Bob
Try ebay, I see lapel pins every once in a while.
Solo

/ Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins?
I'm having zero luck on eBay, but I will keep looking there as the auctions change so frequently some may pop up for sale.

I had not thought of going to TSC and looking at their toy selection, I will swing into the new TSC in our area, and also take a look at my tractor dealer's shelves to see they have an inexpensive toy that I can take a 3 dimentional logo from and embed into a FEL knob.

/ Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins? #5  
When I used to go to various trade shows, most manufacturers had lapel pins to hand out to their sales reps. I'd contact your local, regional, or national sales rep and see if they have any leftover pins sitting in some obscure drawer gathering dust. Large dealers might get a few as well.

Just a thought...

/ Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins? #6  
Bob, not for nothing but while searching ebay for detail items for my pet project(**** cars anyway) I found a company that will make round emblems quite reasonable with a glue back. I found them in the auto parts section of ebay under ferrari and they were for wheel cap centers. I know that would be bigger then you need but they might be able to help. They didn't offer the diameter that I was looking for and they said they would make any diameter that I wanted or design if I'd email it to them and the price wasn't bad. I haven't seen any thing like what you are looking for in the NH or the Kubota line unfortunately as I've been following these for a few years. Now If you need some nice stick pins from IH I could help you with pins for all occasion from rubies to diamonds.

/ Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins? #7  
Bob, On the Kubota web site under merchandise. Gifts. I think. They sell a credit card holder that has a pewter emblem.

jb

Last edited:
   / Source for New Holland & Kubota lapel pins?
They have all sorts of fun stuff! Including Oliver Tractor collectors toys :D

Thanks for the link :)