So, I'm on my third JD tractor so far........

/ So, I'm on my third JD tractor so far........ #11  
deleted as it somehow double posted....

/ So, I'm on my third JD tractor so far........
i never thought of mounting the lights on me! guys i ride mountain bikes with ride in the forest at night and thier lights are like the sun. they cost about 400 bucks, but the light's battery fits in a water bottle cage and they burn six hours.

/ So, I'm on my third JD tractor so far........
AlanB said:
some kind of new strap on headlight

I was thinking how reporters skew the things people write or say to sound different than what the original meaning was...... man i was cracking up when i read this line!

/ So, I'm on my third JD tractor so far........ #14  

This sight shows the type of helmet I was thinking of. It also shows some headlamps.

What I was thinking of is a similar type helmet, they are affordable, or a hard hat and mounting a single clear small 12 fog light to the helmet. Again this would not be hard to do. Then run a supply wire to the tractors battery with a cigarette lighter type connection.

One should get lots of light where you want it. One can also get a small sealed rechargeable battery that you can carry in a holder on your belt. This is good for night walks or working under vehicles.

Lights on small tractors with loaders are difficult to place and still be effective.

Just a thought.:D

/ So, I'm on my third JD tractor so far........ #15  
fattyfat1 said:
i never thought of mounting the lights on me! guys i ride mountain bikes with ride in the forest at night and thier lights are like the sun. they cost about 400 bucks, but the light's battery fits in a water bottle cage and they burn six hours.

Wouldn't something that you could mount on a short pole behind you work as well?