Parking a loader

/ Parking a loader #21  
I would second what Robert says about putting a 4x4 block under the FEL bucket when you park it. That way, you can leave it your desired "attitude", and also not have it freeze. BTW - <font color=orange>Lucy!</font color=orange> lives in the garage, and freezing around here is pretty rare (although they say it might do it tonight). So I don't really worry about that.

/ Parking a loader #22  
My IH2500B manual says to store it in the full curl back position to prevent rust on the cylinders, so I don't know why anyone would store it in the position that you mention, except to prevent the unit from rolling. When I had to store mine outdoors, water would accumulate in the bucket. There were always deer and other animal tracks coming up to the bucket. I assume it was to get a drink.

As far as the bucket rusting, as soon as you run a pile of gravel through it, all of the rust that might have accumulated will be wiped off. If you are really concerned about rust on the bucket, just touch up any areas where the paint has been rubbed off with a spray can after each use.

/ Parking a loader #23  
I read somewhere that it was a good idea to "store" the loader with the cylinder in a fully extended position to keep if full of fluid - eliminating any moisture/rust from forming. I believe this was for "long term storage". I will do some looking to see if I can remember where I saw it, or heard it. (I hope I didn't dream it)

/ Parking a loader #24  
When I leave my tractor outside, I park it with the loader in the dump position. This is to keep water and snow out. The snow is a bigger problem if it builds up in a bucket and goes through a couple of freeze--thaw cycles. It's a real pain in the @#$ to get the bucket clear when frozen.

/ Parking a loader #25  
One of the best way to avoid snow in the bucket before use,when done useing the bucket I just take a snow brush or small shovel and clean it out,than good to go for the next time.
Heard some guys spray heavy coat silcon inside of there buckets which keeps the snow from sticking..never try that.

/ Parking a loader #26  
Thomas,

Are you saying you've never tried that, or are you saying to never try that?

/ Parking a loader #27  
I've also used cooking spray with good results in keeping the snow from sticking. It was an interesting discussion with my wife when I put cooking spray on the grocery list. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Parking a loader #28  
Mike,

She may have thought that you were taking over the kitchen duties. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Terry

/ Parking a loader #29  
Terry,

Well, it went like this...as I stood there in my New Holland T-shirt and New Holland cap...However, I was not anywhere near my Ertl scale model Boomer tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Her: "Why do you want cooking spray?"
Me: "I used the rest of the can last night."
Her: "Huh? How? Why?"
Me: "I sprayed it on the inside of the bucket on the tractor so the snow wouldn't stick. It worked real well."
Her: "Figures, I thought it had something to do with the tractor but I couldn't figure out how."
Me: "The generic brand is fine. I don't need PAM."

/ Parking a loader #30  
What color is that vegetable spray can? Do you think a PAM vs. Generic cooking spray post would get as many responses as the orange vs. green vs. blue posts? /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif