Parking a loader

/ Parking a loader #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I have seen numerous people park their loader tractors with the loader bucket in the full dump position, I can not see the logic behind this as it leaves the cylinders fully extended and exposed to the elements. Does anyone have any insight as to why some people do this?

/ Parking a loader #2  
Perhaps to prevent water/snow from collecting in the bucket and rusting it out over time?

/ Parking a loader #3  
I haven't got a clue Robert, but I'll be interested to see the responses. I usually rotate the bucket to the flat position, then set it down. After I shut off the engine, I move the joy stick around to "unload" the hydraulics. That's the full extent of how I park mine.

/ Parking a loader #4  
I'm with you, Robert, none at all. Like GlueGuy, that's how I leave my loader.

Paul

/ Parking a loader
A slight tilt down will keep water from sitting in the bucket or as GlueGuy said just set the bucket flat and it will keep the water from accumulating. I am curious as to wether there is an old wives tale as to why people do this?

/ Parking a loader #6  
Maybe they seen someone else do it and didn't want to be different.
Egon

/ Parking a loader #7  
Tipping the bucket down would make it more difficult to steal if someone tried to wench it onto a trailer.

/ Parking a loader #8  
One other possibility may be to reduce the overall length by a few inches. With the bucket curled completely under, the tractor/loader should be a few inches shorter and may mean the difference in fitting it into a cramped parking space.

Hoss

/ Parking a loader
Most of them I see are parked outside where there is plenty of room but it could be something their grandparents did and they just copy them I guess.

/ Parking a loader #10  
Sometimes sort as a brake so the equipment doesn't roll.