Found odd tool under tractor seat.

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #1  

jimmy1

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 25s cab
I found what at first seemed to be the strangest tool under my tractor seat. I was blowing snow and had to get off the tractor to move a vehicle, so I disengeged the pto and put the tractor in neutral but the engine stopped when I got off the seat. It would not start when I got back on so I started looking around for what might be the problem. It turned out to be a build up snow and some ice around the saftey shut off connected to the seat. Anyway when I was looking around I discovered something lodged in a recessed area and when I removed it I discovered what I think is a surgical forceps. You know the thing that looks like a scissors with a clamping mechanism at the handle to hold it closed while it is attached to something. So I wounder what is that doing under there? My best guess is that I had rear work lights added to the tractor included in the purchase. They are installed about 2/3 up the roll bar and when the mechanics fisched the wires through they would probably clamp this forceps on to the wires as to hold them in place. Like an extra hand.

You never know what you can use to get thing done.

Jim

Last edited:
   / Found odd tool under tractor seat. #2  
Jim, it sounds like you found a hemostat and you're probably right about where it came from. I use to use one when I done a lot of trout fishing. Makes getting those small hooks out a breeze. Pretty handy little tool.

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #3  
Sounds like a roach clip to me. :)

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #4  
Post a pic. A lot of people have acquired hemostat-like surgical clamps and use them as tools. Usually they get worn out beyond being able to be used in the OR and then the hospital staff acquire them then they make their way out into the general public. Post a pic and I'll let you know for sure.

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #6  
Billy_S said:
Billy,
Exactly what I was thinking. Beats the heck out of alligator clips I've heard. I use them in soldering all the time. Make good heat sinks as well.
David B

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #7  
Billy_S said:

We all seem to be thinking the same. Probably took a break, lit one up and dropped the hemo's. Was too stoned to find them. Do the lights work?:D :D :D

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #8  
They're not lights. He put in two flashing strobes and a glitter ball in the middle.........Probably fell off the back fender and said to **** with the Hemo's.....

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #9  
The last time I was in the ER for stiches the gave me the hemostats, tweezers and sisors. They can't be reuse and you pay for them.

/ Found odd tool under tractor seat. #10  
5030 said:
We all seem to be thinking the same. Probably took a break, lit one up and dropped the hemo's. Was too stoned to find them. Do the lights work?:D :D :D

You mean, "Do the lights work, duuude?" :D